Excursions in Cayman

strike71

I am going on the Freedom of the Seas in June. I have a 3 1/2 year old. Can anyone recommend anything good to do in Grand Cayman? I wanted to do Stingray City but I think she is a little young so maybe 7 mile beach or a 1 hour semi-sub excursion? Any western carib. ideas would be loved!

We did an excursion with Native Way that included snorkeling at a reef, Stingray City and Rum Point, with a 3 and 7 year old. During the snorkeling, I stayed on the boat with our 3 year old. At Stingray City, we put her on DH's shoulders, and she was able to see the stingrays. Rum Point is a PERFECT beach with little ones. Honestly, it's the most beautiful beach I've seen in the Caribbean: white powder sand, gentle lapping waves, dappled sunshine, impossibly blue water. We met some other parents with little ones who had rented a car and driven there themselves (more info on this on the ports of call boards). Just beware traffic getting back to the port: traffic on the one main road was pretty much at a standstill. Our driver saw what was ahead, veered off into a subdivision, twists and turns here and there, and voila! He dropped us off across the street from the tender dock from a road that T-ed into the main road - brilliant.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived