3½yo on Crown Princess

AngelOfDistress

How is the kids club for 3½yo on Princess? I'm trying to decide between Crown Princess and Norwegian Pearl for my october cruise. My heart goes with the Crown because we'll be on the Norwegian Gem in april 2009 witch is a sister ship to the Pearl..and we've never been on a Princess cruise so I would love to try them but I have no idea if a 3½ years old would be happier on the Crown or the Pearl :/

Thank you for your help!

We were on the Diamond Princess to Alaska last summer with our two daughters. Our youngest turned 4 three weeks after the cruise. She loved the kids club. It was the first time that either of our girls had gone to a kids club while on vacation but they decided they wanted to try it on the ship and were glad that they did. On the days in port they spent their time with their grandparents, my husband and me but on the days at sea they preferred to be in the kids club whenever possible. The facilities were fairly large, bright and clean. The counsellors were great - the one my daughter liked best was an elementary school teacher from Vancouver on her summer break. There were a lot of arts and crafts activities (with an Alaska theme) and they had a visit from a park ranger while we were in Glacier Bay. There was also a talent show at the end of the week and their group sang a song for it. Both of our girls are keen to cruise again because they had such a good time on Princess. I assume that the children's facilities are similar on the big Princess ships like the Diamond and the Crown. Hope this helps - I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have.

We took our DD on her first cruise in November on the Crown Princess. She was 3 1/2 and absolutely loved the kids club. I wasn't sure at first how she would handle it as she sometimes gives me a hard time when I drop her off at preschool. I was also curious to see if the kids club was really going to be as good as everyone said it was. No worries.....the ladies in the center were fabulous. They did so many fun activities with the kids and didn't seem like they were ever just sitting around just watching, they were all involved. We have never been on NCL with our DD so I can not help you there but Princess was fabulous for the kids. My daughter also loved our server in the dining room. They treated her like royalty, they cut her food and had all her favorites waiting for her when we arrived. It was great!!:)

I have been wondering the same thing ... thanks for starting the thread!!

We are booked with our two daughters (4 and 8) on the October 19th Crown Princess cruise.

I have read alot of positive things about the kids programs, but I hope that my dds will enjoy and want to stay for awhile. My 4 year old can be alittle clingy at times and i want her to really enjoy her time and not be looking for me the whole time. I talk with them about all the fun things they will be able to do and they are so excited. We are all so excited and can't wait to go.

Livabeth

I have only traveled on Princess the last few times, so I don't know about the other cruise lines. On Princess, the Kids Clubs are entirely indoors. Your kids need to be with you for any outside time. I don't know if this is a factor or not, as I don't know how it is on the other cruise lines. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived