Luggage Tags

Hi everyone:

Just got the new edocs. I agree it is not quite as exciting as having those booklets to flip through. Anyway, there were no luggage tags included in our documents, so I was just wondering what exactly, if anything, we are supposed to put on our luggage. Do they put on luggage tags when we arrive at the Port? Do you just make our own luggage tags and write the cabin number on them? I am quite confused by this whole new process...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, we are sailing on the Pearl out of Miami; don't know if this makes any difference.

usually, one page of the edocs is a luggage tag...you can print as many of that page as you need OR you can get them in the packet, with the excursion booklet (usually about 2 weeks before sailing) OR you can get them from the porters and fill them out at the docks. either way works!!

We got our edocs 2 weeks ago and luggage tags came in the mail yesterday, we're leaving from Miami in April so maybe yours are in the mail :)

Don't count on getting them in the mail. We sail in a little over a week and never did receive anything in the mail.

If you want to fill them out in advance, print them from the edocs. Use heavy quality paper and follow the instructions for folding. Or you can just get them at the dock if you choose.

We just got ours from the porter when we dropped off our luggage (make sure you have your own pen handy and know your room number...it's on your ticket). The tags the porters give you are heavy duty stickers (like the airline) and MUCH more secure than printing off your own paper tags and attaching them. I'd just wait and get them from the porter so you don't run the risk having the flimsy paper tag ripped off and lost.

Thanks for all of your quick responses. Our cruise is also just over a week away (3/16), so I will assume they will not be mailed. I think I would rather just wait until we get to the pier and have the porters do it. This really works just as well as the old way?

and our tags came yesterday, signature required. My DH opened the package, so I'm not sure if they came from NCL or our TA. We thought it was funny to get a shore excursion book and luggage tags with a signature needed, but hey we got them.

We were not going to book NCL tours anyway, but what if we had planned to? Sure, I could do it on line ahead of time, no biggie.

But as far as printing luggage tags from edocs, ours had an error message so we could not. I'm relieved they came in the mail. No, I didn't have to sign for them. But ours arrived almost 2 months before sail date. Maybe yours were sent that way because it was so close to sailing.

Archived