Who has the best beds?

I, on the other hand have cruised on the Golden Princess with beds so hard that all of us asked for egg crated to put on the mattresses. We all also wrote it up on the comment cards. My first Princess cruise was on the Regal, which is no longer in the fleet and I do not remember that problem.

However, I am a Platinum card holder on Carnival and have sailed numerous ships fleet wide, old, young and otherwise, and the comfort bed in consistant throughout and so are the linens. Very cozy and comfortable and the pillows are plentiful and just right, no matter the cabin category.

I have not sailed on HAL but I have been on the Oosterdam for lunch while it was in port and saw all categories of cabins. The beds look the same as Carnival.

We've sailed only HAL and RCI, so not a lot of experience, but the HAL beds are definitely fabulous. I wanted to take ours home, and I've been trying to find out how to buy one like HAL's when it's time to replace our current mattress. This quality was consistent with both HAL ships on which we've sailed, and across cabin categories. I'm a little concerned about the previous comment about hard beds on the Golden Princess, but I guess we'll soon find out. :)

just back from Carnival Valor--my daughter and I shared a cabin--single beds-since I sleep on a queen at home, was afraid I'd be cramped. These were by far the nicest beds I've ever slept on--the mattress, bedding and pillows were to die for and I understand why they now sell them all for home use! Enjoy!!

We've sailed only HAL and RCI, so not a lot of experience, but the HAL beds are definitely fabulous. I wanted to take ours home, and I've been trying to find out how to buy one like HAL's when it's time to replace our current mattress. This quality was consistent with both HAL ships on which we've sailed, and across cabin categories. I'm a little concerned about the previous comment about hard beds on the Golden Princess, but I guess we'll soon find out. :)

I appreciate everyone's advice-I was leaning toward Carnival anyway due to my budget and I've always wanted to at least try it.

CalGal-there was a time when you could buy one of HAL's beds directly via their website, I don't know if that is still the case or not. But definitely check it out. It wouldn't be a used bed of course, but you can get the same type bed via them and their vendor.

I would call Princess and ask if there has been an upgrade in their mattresses because I am serious, it was the worst. We had a group of 90 people on board with us, and we all had the same problem. And when you are on a 12 day cruise, that's a long time for a bad bed. They were hard as rocks. This was in all categories, we had a balcony cabin. Actually, no one in our group had a suite, so I cannot speak for that.

As for RCCL, I do not recall a problem there. I have been on the Legend, Splendor, Mariner and Monarch and do not recall a bad bed.

I felt the beds on Celebrity's Infinity were rock hard - and tiny. :mad: A friend and I were in a balcony cabin with the twin set up, so maybe suites had better/bigger beds. I'm tall and large, so perhaps I noticed the discomfort more than the average person.

Am sailing on the Island Princess later this year, in a mini suite. I sure hope the bed is a little softer!! :confused:

Archived