wow new gem review

lowerdegrl

Wow, I'm new to NCL - will be on the Gem in 1 month. My first thought regarding this review is that this person cruises for the karaoke... Decor is similar on alot of ships - if you want elegant, book HAL etc. If you don't like the itinerary, book another ship or line. :rolleyes:

I plan on going with an open mind. This will be completely different from any other cruise my family has taken. I plan on having an amazing week doing alot of different things. I'm not happy with all the charges that I keep reading about but I'll prioritize and do what I can.

IN case anyone is wondering what we are talking about there is a new review out of the GEM. and i have never cruised befor but i have to say that the things that people tend to complain about seem to be on the petty side sometimes. now dont get me wrng i know ***T happens and some bad thing can and do happen but i have to say that if a cruise industry is doing good with what they have had then my view would be why change it. and if change does have to happen then slowly , which is what it sounds like is happening. i duno i guess it just goes to show you how different poeple can be on their views.

Either way i plan to enjoy myself, becasue if i dont then what was the point in going :)

We just got off the Gem on 3/1 have been too busy to write a review but after reading that nonsense, I'll have to put some time into writing one. I guess this guy only cruises for Kareoke, most of his other comments were just silly! I loved the dolphins swimming toward the front of the ship, more than once they saved me from a long walk in the wrong direction. I wonder if he is someone who reads these boards and posts on a regualar basis or is someone who came back from his cruise and just wanted to leave a negative review and joined the boards simply for that purpose. We loved the Gem, not that everything was perfect, but any minor annoyances surely wouldn't raise to the level of making me take the time to write such nonsense!! I would love to post a more specific response to some of his complaints but that would just be rude. If you are going on the Gem in the near future... is there room in your luggage for me??? I'd love to be back on board!

In my career, I have had extensive experience in evaluating client feedback in the form of written reviews, and I have given keen attention to feedback regarding the Gem as we will be sailing on her. Each person's experience of any particular event or activity is unique. The value of examining a number of critiques on a particular event or activity lies in the trends that become evident. The larger the number of critiques, the more clearly trends will emerge. Although feedback on the Gem is in its infancy, it has demonstrated positive trends. Unfortunately, there will always be a few EXTREMELY negative OR positive critiques. Surprisingly, these 'over the top' types of critiques will offset each other and really have little, if any, impact on overall trends which are monitored by companies like NCL, and on which changes in products and services will be based.

We leave on the Gem in two days and based on feedback from Cruise Critic members we are very excited about what we anticipate will be a wonderful and positive experience!

WinterSky

Well said, I am sure that you will enjoy the ship and the crew as well as the itinerary! The only problems that we encountered during our cruise was with rude passengers. I think they take those commercials to seriously and think they become royalty for a week!! LOL! I was just happy to be there and away from the cold northeast!

I found Cruise Critic as I was looking for our first family cruise. The main review is always important in my planning. Once booked, I start to look at the member reviews. As someone who worked in retail (with alot of time in customer service), I can usually pick out the whiny people who itch and moan about every little thing and I simply disregard those.

Me, I hate karaoke and am quite happy that it won't be prevalent on my Gem cruise...

Well said, I am sure that you will enjoy the ship and the crew as well as the itinerary! The only problems that we encountered during our cruise was with rude passengers. I think they take those commercials to seriously and think they become royalty for a week!! LOL! I was just happy to be there and away from the cold northeast!

It has been a long cold winter on Prince Edward Island, off the east coast of Atlantic Canada. This morning is actually one of our better in awhile with sunshine - but still just -3C (27F). You must have enjoyed the sun! I can't wait!

WinterSky

It has been a long cold winter on Prince Edward Island, off the east coast of Atlantic Canada. This morning is actually one of our better in awhile with sunshine - but still just -3C (27F). You must have enjoyed the sun! I can't wait!

WinterSky

Yikes!! your weather is certainly worse than ours!! We had perfect weather and seas for our entire cruise..... you really deserve the sun!!! Have a great trip!!! Can't wait to hear about your cruise when you return.

Archived