Recommdations for Beach in Cozumel?

Atlanta CruzNut

Well I have snorkle at Paradise Beach, now that is the Beach along the strand of all the beaches down the main road about 10-15 mins from all the piers and it is ok, just ok and it is not known for it snorkleing... but it is a good beach for lots of other

Now Passion Isle seems like a beauty all around and it all is about what you are looking for again

Tina

No such place as Paradise Island, you have pasion island or paradise beach, neither will be great for snorkeling.

Aghhhh :o :confused: :o I meant Passion Island. How's the snorkeling at Passion Island? :p Thanks~

I am a vegetarian & I'm worried about feeding myself the day we're in Coz. Do they serve any tortillas, nachos, ANYTHING w/out meat or fish or poultry??

We are planning on going to Paradise Beach in 12 days. You can check out their menu on line. They do have a few different vegetarian meals. :) Check out their menu on the bottom of this website. http://paradise-beach-cozumel.com/menu1.php?menu=1 I have read from several people that the food was very good.

We are planning on going to Paradise Beach in 12 days. You can check out their menu on line. They do have a few different vegetarian meals. :) Check out their menu on the bottom of this website. http://paradise-beach-cozumel.com/menu1.php?menu=1 I have read from several people that the food was very good.

Thanks. All my research & everyone's help might be for nothing ... NCL just announced that they are changing the itinerary of our cruise beginning Nov 15 (we sail Nov 22). Were supposed to go to Gr Cayman, Coz, & Key W ... now they want to send us to Gr Bahama Island, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay & Port Canaveral!!! I'm so sad. Might cancel cruise altogether.

I thought their food was very good and very reasonably priced. The waiters didn't bother us at all or push drinks on us. We simply told him we wanted to eat at the bar instead of on the beach and he was fine with that. I think we actually only ordered one drink each from him earlier in the day. We purchased a bucket of beer while we were having our lunch at the bar and took the bucket with us back to the beach since we didn't drink it all with our lunch. Someone actually walked around later with ice and just refilled our bucket to keep the bears cold. I met Tom, who was the manager at that time (haven't been on the port boards in awhile so don't know if he still is) so that was neat because I had spoken to him and asked him questions on the port boards. Picked him out right away - he's a canadian and was very friendly. All the workers at Paradise were very nice - we didn't see anyone that was pushy.

I can't wait to go back!

Patty

Thanks. All my research & everyone's help might be for nothing ... NCL just announced that they are changing the itinerary of our cruise beginning Nov 15 (we sail Nov 22). Were supposed to go to Gr Cayman, Coz, & Key W ... now they want to send us to Gr Bahama Island, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay & Port Canaveral!!! I'm so sad. Might cancel cruise altogether.

Wow...........I think I would definitly cancel.........I love Grand Cayman and Cozumel.......and actually Key West too! I never heard of anyone changing the entire itinerary........maybe one port, but not the entire cruise! I have no idea what you would do at Port Canaveral???????

Patty

Wow...........I think I would definitly cancel.........I love Grand Cayman and Cozumel.......and actually Key West too! I never heard of anyone changing the entire itinerary........maybe one port, but not the entire cruise! I have no idea what you would do at Port Canaveral???????

Patty

Thank you! A couple people on the NCL boards are trying to convince me it's not so bad - that we could spend the day in Orlando, etc. Problem is, we spent 2 summers ago in Orlando ... spent a good deal on a vacation @ Disney. I've been to Disney many times & my kids have been there a couple. It's easily a driving distance from our home. If I wanted to go to Port Canaveral/Orlando we could easily DRIVE there ... I don't want to spent a day at port there while on a cruise. I want something much more exotic & "different". I'm sickened by this. Hmm, Cozumel or Port Canaveral?????? Gosh, I don't know..... What a joke!

Thank you! A couple people on the NCL boards are trying to convince me it's not so bad - that we could spend the day in Orlando, etc. Problem is, we spent 2 summers ago in Orlando ... spent a good deal on a vacation @ Disney. I've been to Disney many times & my kids have been there a couple. It's easily a driving distance from our home. If I wanted to go to Port Canaveral/Orlando we could easily DRIVE there ... I don't want to spent a day at port there while on a cruise. I want something much more exotic & "different". I'm sickened by this. Hmm, Cozumel or Port Canaveral?????? Gosh, I don't know..... What a joke!

Yes the major change is a joke, I would cancel and rebook a cruise that you wanted.:)

Just got back this a.m. from cruise & went to Paradise Beach on Friday. We had over 300 spring breakers on the cruise & I don't think I saw any of them at PB.

Well I was considering PB until I read this. :)

We're traveling with two 17 year olds who want a beach that's crowded with a lot of other young people and music, etc.

Any suggestions?

Well I was considering PB until I read this. :)

We're traveling with two 17 year olds who want a beach that's crowded with a lot of other young people and music, etc.

Any suggestions?

Paradise has spring breakers, check around the bar...

I would definately be switching ships or cruise lines. I would not want to have one of my port days be Port Canaveral.:mad: Many cruises are leaving from port canaveral not arriving for a port day. The whole speciality of a cruise ship is sailing to exotic ports, not somewhere you could drive to. When were you scheduled to sail? Start checking the websites and look for different cruises!!

I noticed that your cruise isn't until November - you still have time to check out other cruises. I know I'd definitly cancel that one! Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Patty

I noticed that your cruise isn't until November - you still have time to check out other cruises. I know I'd definitly cancel that one! Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Patty

Cancel heck I would burn the phone lines up its nothing more than a cheap 4 nighter with a few days added on.

I would definately be switching ships or cruise lines. I would not want to have one of my port days be Port Canaveral.:mad: Many cruises are leaving from port canaveral not arriving for a port day. The whole speciality of a cruise ship is sailing to exotic ports, not somewhere you could drive to. When were you scheduled to sail? Start checking the websites and look for different cruises!!

Patty

Cancel heck I would burn the phone lines up its nothing more than a cheap 4 nighter with a few days added on.

LOL! Yep, I was up until 4:30 AM last night (& up at 6:45 AM) & have been on the computer ALL that time searching for something else. I was so tired last night & this AM that I think I kept repeating my searches.

Anyway, we're now leaning toward a couple Carnival cruises leaving from Miami. It'll be twice the drive (I'm too afraid to fly) & it'll be more money but we'll get to Coz & Grand Cayman AND the ship will be more fun for my boys. Might have to cruise end of Aug, though, which I didn't want to do because of heat & hurricanes. Also a possibility to keep our T'giving week (when we were originally going to travel) but my high schooler is stressed out about having to make up the school work.

So, ANYWAY, I HAVE been looking & I think we're narrowing down the field. More importantly, I think we might still get to Coz & GC!! In fact, a couple of the cruises we're looking at spend ALL DAY in Coz! That would be a dream.

LOL! Yep, I was up until 4:30 AM last night (& up at 6:45 AM) & have been on the computer ALL that time searching for something else. I was so tired last night & this AM that I think I kept repeating my searches.

Anyway, we're now leaning toward a couple Carnival cruises leaving from Miami. It'll be twice the drive (I'm too afraid to fly) & it'll be more money but we'll get to Coz & Grand Cayman AND the ship will be more fun for my boys. Might have to cruise end of Aug, though, which I didn't want to do because of heat & hurricanes. Also a possibility to keep our T'giving week (when we were originally going to travel) but my high schooler is stressed out about having to make up the school work.

So, ANYWAY, I HAVE been looking & I think we're narrowing down the field. More importantly, I think we might still get to Coz & GC!! In fact, a couple of the cruises we're looking at spend ALL DAY in Coz! That would be a dream.

Also look at Tampa, forget the ship name but its a bargain.

Also look at Tampa, forget the ship name but its a bargain.

I know the Inspiration out of Tampa does a 5 night to cozumel and I believe grand caymen. Tampa is much shorter of a drive than Miami. We will be on the Inspiration next week. It also has a water park with a huge slide up on the deck. Your boys would probably love that!

I know the Inspiration out of Tampa does a 5 night to cozumel and I believe grand caymen. Tampa is much shorter of a drive than Miami. We will be on the Inspiration next week. It also has a water park with a huge slide up on the deck. Your boys would probably love that!

Yeah thats the one...

The inspiration is great and we LOVE the Tampa Port, the port is alot of fun as well and much shorter then going to miami! yes it goes to Calica and Grand Cayman (might have changed the Calica to Cozumel) but still great trek! we love Calica too (not the actual port that is just a rock quarry but in town is great , booked a fantastic private excursion that was awesome, truly one of the best excursions we have ever been on!!! Good luck, enjoy!

Great thread to read..thanks all!

I do have a question though..We are calling at Cozumel when we cruise October & DH wants to Dive(qualified diver) but we also have 2 kids(Age 14 & 3!) plus my parents(70+!) with us!!

So, where can we head to so that we ALL get to have a good time, or will DH just have to go off alone?

I love the sound of Paradise beach but noone's mentioned diving!

Anyone able to point me in right direction?

Thanks

Just add that to the list why I would never do NCL again :p My Wife and I did Hawaii on the Pride of Aloha and it was horrible!

Paradise Island was a reality show many years ago, if I'm not mistaken the concept was that people were encouraged to cheat on their spouses. Unless your in to that sort of thing I would stick with Paradise Beach ;)

So what is the verdict on the best place to snorkel in Cozumel? Also there will be 8 ships there when we go on 4/9. Will Paradise Beach be way too crowded to enjoy? I just assume go someplace that's not that crowded if it's going to be a madhouse.

Archived