Fury vs. Daydreamer

nic624

Good morning,

I will be in St. Thomas next month. I am undecided between either a trip on the Fury yacht or the DayDreamer catamaran. They are the same price and appear to offer the same options (snorkeling, drinks, ect). If anyone has experience on either of these, your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

We did a full day on the Daydreamer on a land based trip in 2005. It was awesome. We went to Jost Van Dyke to Foxy's, then off to White Bay (home of the Soggy Dollar Bar and Painkiller). The snorkeling was good, and the crew was really fun. If there's time for the trip on the Daydreamer for your port time, I'd recommend it highly.:)

We went on Fury 2 days ago and it was awesome!! A real nice sailboat! They hold just 24 passengers and the morning we went out there we just had 14 others from the Marriott Hotel on the boat. We all had our legs hanging over the side of the boat the whole day. Real comfortable. Capt. Mike and John were great, funny, knew a lot about the Island and very professional. John got in the water with us and gave us a guided tour of the Turtles and the reef which was great for the kids. We swam with 6 turtles that day! Awesome! They have all sorts of flotation devices and the boat was immaculate. Fury's 1/2 day sail is 3 and 1/2 hours long, so there was no feeling of being rushed out of the water, in fact, we were the first boat to arrive at the reef and the last boat to leave. Great rum punch! We saw the other excursion boats from the cruise line and we are glad we booked Fury instead. We sailed both ways! The other sailboats motored.

We had to go to the Marriott Hotel to board the boat, and we spent the rest of the day playing on the beach at the Hotel, but that was just a $12 cab ride per person, less than $50 and we didn't even have to pay for that!!! Since we booked directly through Capt. Mike, HE PICKED UP THE WHOLE CAB FARE!!! We are coming back in April with a large group and booking a private with Fury and they will pick us up this time at the new Yacht Haven Grande marina next to Havensite so we don't have to pay for a cab this time either! I can't wait! I don't know if he will do this for everyone, but it never hurts to ask.:)

Archived