Cozumel - Paradise Beach or Xcaret???

Hello, I will be on the Enchantment of the Seas in May and one of the full day ports is Cozumel. I have been there many times and have usually gone to Chankanaab Park (LOVE the dolphin swim!!) and Paradise Beach. Has anyone been to Paradise Beach recently? The last time I was there they had free beach chairs, a pristine beach and facilities. They did expect you to buy drinks or food but no one was very pushy about it. Is that still the case?

OR...I am debating the tour to Xcaret. I know it's a very full day and wanted to know if it's truly amazing or not a must see.

Thanks for any opinions!

We went to Paradise Beach back in October 2007 and it was just as you said. Very nice, very clean. They showed us right to the chairs of our choice, left us a menu and asked that we spend X amout of $ (sorry, don't remember how much but it was a very fair amount). We had a wonderful time.

Went to Xcaret, many years ago. We went more for the kids, they got to swim with the dolphins, and we did the lazy river tube ride which was nice. The water that day was cloudy and we didn't see many fish when we snorkeled. I would vote for Paradise Beach

We went to Paradise Beach back in October 2007 and it was just as you said. Very nice, very clean. They showed us right to the chairs of our choice, left us a menu and asked that we spend X amout of $.........

$10 per person.

I have been to both places. Paradise Beach 1.5 years ago on a cruise that stopped in Cozumel. Last summer we went to Xcaret while on vacation at an all inclusive in Playa Del Carmen.

Since your ship stops in Cozumel my vote would be for Paradise Beach. Mainly due to location but also because I didn't find Xcaret to be so amazing that it would be worth the ferry ride and full day trip.

My vote is for Xcaret, I thought it was great! We got a guided tour which covered the aquarium, the eco/ecological sites, the butterfly pavillion and how some native tribes lived etc. Then we got to see the park for ourselves. They had a sort of lazy river tube ride in underground caves (didn't do that but it looked fun) and a small beach to sit around and enjoy, I remember it having beach chairs etc. Their was also a dolphin encounter which we were able to watch from seats just outside of it. Also I remember their being a restaurant. Lots of fun and a full day, well worth it.

The trip to Xcaret can be rough and the length of the trip can make the day short so I would vote for Paradise Beach. We have been there 3X and never tire of it.... it is clean, great food, fun activities or just relaxing. Plenty of space and friendly staff. Paradise Beach Tom is the best.

We were at Paradise Beach at the end of January. Highly recommend the chips and salsa! Free umbrella and chairs along with the understanding that you would order food and/or drinks. They didn't indicate if there was a minimum.

Ten dollars gets you an activity band that allows unlimited use of the snorkeling, kyaks, "Ice Berg", and rafts all day.

Another vote for Paradise Beach. We were just there on the Mariner at the end of February. It was as good as ever and even Capt. Per was there with his family. Excellent food & service. First time we had been back since the Hurricane.

I've been to both.

Since this is a cruise stop, I would do Paradise Beach.

If you were on a land vacation in Playa or Cancun, I would say Xcaret. I think its too long of a trip to Xcaret for what it is.

Sounds like a good reason to squeeze in a vacation to Mexico sometime soon!

thanks for the feedback...I think we might stick with Paradise Beach this time. Also, we will be in port on my birthday so I would rather have a known quantity and LOVE it rather than chance it on Xcaret. My sister did Xcaret last week on the Century and it was very cloudy, so so weather. She had been before and thought it was the greatest excursion ever because of that underground cave but this time she was not as impressed.

Archived