zip lining in belize or roatan

TJM3

We had never been zip lining before. We did a Tour in Roatan through Islandtours.com (Juan Carlos) and he took us to the Memba Zipline. He said it was fairly new (4 mos. old) and is between coxen hole and sandy bay. It took us about 20 minutes to get there from the port. Anyway....for us it was awesome! I belive the highest zipline was 275 feet high. We were so scared at first but by the 3rd zipline we were flying:D !! It took us close to an hour to do the 14 ziplines. The cost was $45 per person.

We did the Roatan tour with victor Bodden and he uses the Jungle Canopy zip line. It was fantastic. Not really high -but hight enough for me, but you are right in the jungle (like Tarzan), not above the trees. It is beautiful and had 20 platforms I believe. the guides are excellent here too. ($45)

I would recommend Roatan, based on my previous experience at Belize. It is self-braking which takes away from enjoying the lines. You are too busy thinking about stopping to enjoy the scenery. The price is also right in Roatan.

Although our guides, Nacho and Cynthia were awesome....

Archived