PoAm Hilo shore excursions

Okiecpa

We have been rebooked on Pride of America from Pride of Aloha for the May 17 sailing. When we tried to book shore excursions on Hilo tonight, there was not even a button to let us book any excursions at all. Does anyone know if something is up with the Hilo port of call for that trip? Of course, we have been really looking forward to a tour of Volcanoes National Park. Thanks!

We had previously booked a Hilo excursion before the itinerary change. When we went back in last month to look, they were gone. I was able to re-book other ports, and when I called the excursions desk to find out why nothing for Hilo, they told me that I was still booked and that their web site hadn't 'caught up' with the itinerary change. This was mid February and they told me to wait until the beginning of March and the web site should be updated. She emailed me confirmation of my excursions, including Hilo, so I hadn't been back on the web site. Seems their web site is still not updated.

We just rented a car and drove to the Volcanoes National Park and then to Akaka Falls and Mauna Loa Nut Factory. The only thing we booked through the ship was the luau. I think we rented our car on-line with Budget and the shuttle driver told us how to drive and what hwy to stay on...very good advice.

Archived