3 kids, what to do!!

The search function is down ,I apologize....

We will be in St. Thomas again in April w/ our children ages 9,11 and 3.

We had planned on doing the ship sponsored excursion over to St.John, and heading to Trunk bay.

Now, we are second guessing that choice, because it only gives you 4 hours total, including traveling.

Can somone suggest another activity to do that day?

We did Sonny Liston last time, but I would be afraid to put the kids in the truck w/o seatbelts and all...no matter how fun.:eek:

Thanks!:D

A butterfly farm has just opened at the Cruise Ship Dock Havensight Mall that is great for kids and it would be a nice hour or so activity. The folks who run the farm are fantastic and give terrific tours. We did this with three children this past January and it was the highlight of the St Thomas trip.

go to this link: http://www.thebutterflyfarm.com/

Desperate, sounds like you should make arrangements with a driver whose vehicle has seatbelts so you can take the kids to Coral World (lots of activities and good snorkeling). If the search function is working, do a search for Donovan; he's a taxi driver with a small van and it should have plenty of seat belts. If the search function isn't working, Google VI Taxi Association and see if they can dispatch a vehicle with seat belts for your group.

If you do go to the Butterfly Farm, proceed to Paradise Gate across the street. There's an outdoor pool and video games to keep the kids occupied. The pool is usually empty so they might have it all to themselves, and you can have food and drinks poolside.

The search function is down ,I apologize....

We will be in St. Thomas again in April w/ our children ages 9,11 and 3.

We had planned on doing the ship sponsored excursion over to St.John, and heading to Trunk bay.

Now, we are second guessing that choice, because it only gives you 4 hours total, including traveling.

Can somone suggest another activity to do that day?

We did Sonny Liston last time, but I would be afraid to put the kids in the truck w/o seatbelts and all...no matter how fun.:eek:

Thanks!:D

Hi desperatehousewife,

We will also be there in April and after reading all the different posts about St. Thomas, we're going to grab a taxi and go to Coral World and Coki Beach...we have 5 kids ranging in age from 7 up to 16 and it just sounds like a good way for everyone to enjoy the day there...and if you go to the Coral World website, there's a coupon for a few bucks off the entrance price!!

By the way, I just recently read your review when you cruised on the Valor, which I guess was last April, and it was great!! I noticed that you live in the Chicago area and was wondering where...I grew up in Wilmette, which is a suburb of Chicago and remember going into the city every Christmas to look at the lights and displays at Marshall Fields...Chicago is the best city and I miss her...have been living in South Florida now for the last 18 yrs!!:)

Archived