What casing for camers in the water?

morecruise4me

We want to take pictures while snorkeling, but don't want to spend a lot of money. I've seen some waterproof "aquapac" bags advertised. Has anyone used them and do they really keep the water out? I know it's not going to be as good as a hard casing made for the camera, but how well do they really work?

I've used the Aquapac and had no problems. Also, purchased the Aquapac for money and passport and no water gets in at all. In addition to that I tried the waterprood disposables and was impressed.

If you are just snorkeling you can get the underwater disposable cameras. They are usually fine for depths from 6-10 feet. If you arent diving, you dont have to worry about the pressure crushing a disposal waterproof camera.

Plus if you dropped a 8-dollar camera I doubt you would care as much as your nice one if you didnt have a diver capable of fetching it for you, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't put any camera of value in an Aquapac. Have seen to many folks lose their cameras and most complain of crummy photos. Not worth it in my opinion. By a camera with a housing or a disposable one. Much safer.

Archived