Rhapsody China Visa question?

Jish

I just booked myself for the March 27, sailing of the Rhapsody out of Hong Kong. It’s an incredible deal $249.00 inside gtd. I found reasonable airfare from the U.S. So here is my dilemma. I now have to get a rush visa for China (Sanjay) the $130.00 fee plus the rush fee and the visa company fee are going to push the visa to the same price of the cruise. All for a couple of hours at place that I could do without. I spoke to the concierge at the hotel where I am planning to staying in HKG (Renaissance Kowloon) . He advised there is a Visa service there at the hotel that could do a visa in a ½ day for a U.S. citizen, I will have 1 ½ days before the cruise. Does anyone have any experience with obtaining a Chinese Visa while in HKG?

There is now no need to get a visa for Sanya. As of the end of Feb RCI have negotiated a group visa for the ship for this port only.

Guests from 21 countries (listed below) only need to have a valid passport and also a photocopy of their passports ID page.

The visa is only appilicable if your first stop in China will be Sanya. You are not allowed to stop or transit through any other Chinese city with the exception of Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan.

Your passport must have at least six months validity left before expiration date and at least one blank page left in it.

The group visa is only available if you are a passport holder from one of the following countries: Austria, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom and USA.

RCI will arrange visas for Cambodia and Vietnam on board - $25 and $28pp if needed.

Archived