Carnival Supper Club

dancing

I'm from NYC and have eaten at very upscale dining establishments and I equate the supper clubs to that. Hardly 2 star. :rolleyes: Much closer to 5 IMO in every way. Food, service, presentation and ambiance. The whole staff bent over backwards for us. It seems like you pretty much have your mind made up that it won't be good.

Too the contrary.. im hoping it will be fabulous. Even if it's above average it is worth the 30 bucks per person. I just think sometimes people are a bit quick to throw around 5 star ratings. Do they do galley tours? That is the only way you can give a restaurant 5 stars anyhow.

Well, from the pictures, presentation is 2 star at best. Hopefully taste and ambiance can make up the difference.

I have never had anything less than a 5-star dining experience in any of Carnival's supper clubs; and I speak from some comparable experience, having spent a number of years in the restaurant business. I would also consider myself a 'foodie'; definitely not to be confused with 'snooty', or a picky eater by any means!

Too the contrary.. im hoping it will be fabulous. Even if it's above average it is worth the 30 bucks per person. I just think sometimes people are a bit quick to throw around 5 star ratings. Do they do galley tours? That is the only way you can give a restaurant 5 stars anyhow.

Trust me...everything was outstanding. Go and find out. :D You can see right into the galley of the supper club from the restaurant. As for actually going inside, I don't know. I didn't ask them. I spend enough time in a kitchen cooking for my family, I had no desire to see someone else's.......LOL:D

Edited to add: Although I did do the main dining room galley tour.

Im going to ask about the galley tour. I was just curious as to their pastries? The g/f is a pastry chef, and we found the desserts last cruise to be boring and to be frank, LAME. We havent been on a ship since 2004, any chance these have got better?

Im going to ask about the galley tour. I was just curious as to their pastries? The g/f is a pastry chef, and we found the desserts last cruise to be boring and to be frank, LAME. We havent been on a ship since 2004, any chance these have got better?

Are you talking about the pastries in the regular dining room or the supper club or both? I have only taken 2 cruises with Carnival and I found the desserts to be very good. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

It was delicious.....probably one of the best lobster bisques I've eaten.

Lobster Bisques looks wonderful. I Also love Crabcake. I think I would have a hard time choosing. Can you order both, so you can try both?

Lobster Bisques looks wonderful. I Also love Crabcake. I think I would have a hard time choosing. Can you order both, so you can try both?

I was looking at that crab cake also and it was a difficult decision. Hmmm, all decisions in life should be that difficult.

My husband had two appetizers but had to give up the salad. I don't know if they always would do that, but they did it for him so you might as well ask.

The desserts in general were pretty weak. I have never done the supper club, but to be honest, we were quite unimpressed with the food on the last cruise. We may use the supper club nearly every night if it's good.

You have to realize that when you sail on any of the mass market lines the food in the dining rooms aren't going to be 5 star. How can it be when they are cooking for thousands of people at a time and probably most of the stuff is prepared in advance. The supper club is a whole different ball game though.

Make sure you make the res for the supper club as soon as you board because it fills up fast.

You have to realize that when you sail on any of the mass market lines the food in the dining rooms aren't going to be 5 star. How can it be when they are cooking for thousands of people at a time and probably most of the stuff is prepared in advance. The supper club is a whole different ball game though.

Make sure you make the res for the supper club as soon as you board because it fills up fast.

Understood on the mass food scene.

I used this site to make a reservation..

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

Im not sure if it worked or not? I never got a confirmation or even acknowledgment that I exist. That will be my first priority when I get aboard.

Understood on the mass food scene.

I used this site to make a reservation..

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

Im not sure if it worked or not? I never got a confirmation or even acknowledgment that I exist. That will be my first priority when I get aboard.

That's the correct link, and from what I've read on this board, you probably will not receive a confirmation, so shouldn't expect one. However, those that used the link for a reservation did say that they were on the book when they boarded. So you should be good to go, but you probably should confirm anyway once you get onboard, just to be sure..

Thank you for the information. If I called Carnival would they know? or should I just wait until I board?

Also, they do allow children in there so if you don't want to be with kids, make your res for about 8:30.

Thank you for the information. If I called Carnival would they know? or should I just wait until I board?

Carnival might know, but not likely.. The posts I read about this all said that they didn't find out until boarding, but in all cases, their reservation was on the books..

From what I've read, this is all being done manually at this stage (i.e., someone in Miami e-mails the reservation to the individual ship), so I'd wait until boarding. Our reservation was made 4 months in advance and everything went through just fine.

That's the correct link, and from what I've read on this board, you probably will not receive a confirmation, so shouldn't expect one. However, those that used the link for a reservation did say that they were on the book when they boarded. So you should be good to go, but you probably should confirm anyway once you get onboard, just to be sure..

I made reservation for my upcoming Freedom cruise in April and did received confirmation from carnival

Dear ,

This is your confirmation email for your Supper Club Reservation. Below are your reservation details:

Ship: Carnival FreedomReservation Date:APR 21, 2008Reservation Time:6:45 PMNumber of Guests:2

We look forward to having you at the Carnival Freedom supper club.

Sincerely,

we were on the Glory in March 07 an ate in the the supper club it was

great

Is the supper club like the Main Dinning room in that you can order multiple items? Or are you limited to 1 appetizer, 1 soup, 1 salad, etc?

It's not all you can eat. 1 app, which is also the soup, salad, entree and dessert. Although when we went my husband substituted his salad so he could have two apps. I don't know if they always do that though. Just ask them.

It's not all you can eat. 1 app, which is also the soup, salad, entree and dessert. Although when we went my husband substituted his salad so he could have two apps. I don't know if they always do that though. Just ask them.

So no surf and turf? No steak and lobster?

I was looking at that crab cake also and it was a difficult decision. Hmmm, all decisions in life should be that difficult.

My husband had two appetizers but had to give up the salad. I don't know if they always would do that, but they did it for him so you might as well ask.

I had the crab cake...it was out of this world! The best I've ever had. :) I recommend it highly. Supper Club was well worth the $30pp. In addition to the menu, you'll get little bites of other things in between courses. We went on the final night of our cruise...nice, finishing touch to a wonderful cruise.

I had the crab cake...it was out of this world! The best I've ever had. :) I recommend it highly. Supper Club was well worth the $30pp. In addition to the menu, you'll get little bites of other things in between courses. We went on the final night of our cruise...nice, finishing touch to a wonderful cruise.

Ohh yeah, we got those little bites too. :p They gave me some sort of tomato soup and I forgot what my husband had.

Has anyone had the dover sole? If so, do they filet it tableside? Dover sole, along with any duck, are my guidelines to establishing the quality of the eating establishment.

Had the Sole a couple of years ago on the Pride. Excellent. Was not fileted tableside. The fish was sauted in a truffle butter. To die for

Archived