Anyone ever sail with Captain Max?

josecruz

My wife, myself and another couple whom we met on the cruise went on a day sail with captain Max and her first mate Julie. We have a lot of experience snorkeling on day sails and I can honestly say we had one of the most enjoyable experiences yet. Captain Max was there right on time to greet us and transport us onto her boat the Lou a perfect size boat for 6 passengers. She knows the best snorkeling spots. We went to a lovely spot for viewing fish right off saint John. We then shared a lovely home made( and very colorful) lunch prepared by captain Max. After Lunch ( and several rum punches) we went to a great spot for seeing sea turtles and sting rays. WOW! what an experience. Our sail back was peaceful and tranquil and we were deposited back on shore very grateful for such a wonderful day with such fabulous hospitality!

We just sailed with Capt. Max during President's Week. It was an awesome time. She and Julie are excellent, knowledgeable sailors and snorkeling off St. John is excellent. It's really one of the best excursions we've done.

Try www dot sailwithcaptainmax dot com (without the spaces of course). Or just google captain max daysails St. Thomas.

We will be with her a week from today, along with biggerbearmom who posted above. Really looking forward to this daysail!

David

• 4 weeks later...

I asked the question last month about Capt Max and we recieved good feedback from the message boards so we booked for March 27th.

And I have to tell you it was the best!! Capt Max and Julie were superb! The snorkling was great with many ray and turtle sightings. The lunch and drinks were very nice as well.

We had a group of 5 so we had the whole boat "The Lou" named after Captain Max father, to ourselves.

I have to say the conversation was great too. Max and Julie along with their visting friend Susan had great stories to tell. We covered everything from island life on St Thomas to favorite TV shows!! Very nice people!

Also Capt Max has an arrangemnet with a woman with a van who will meet your cruise ship no matter where you disembark in St Thomas for the 20 minute ride right to "the Lou" and of course she is waiting there when you return. Very convenient

Prices were reasonable $135 per person credit card. (cash is $10 per person less) plus tip. The cab was $10 per person each way.

My kids age 23, 22, and 15 said it was the highlight of their trip!!!

Hi all, I just came across this thread while last minute researching what to do in St. Thomas/St. John. From your experiences this sounds great! I'm wondering if the snorkel spots visited include Watermelon Cay? I've heard great things about that area. Or if the itinerary varies dependent on weather, guests, etc.

Also, does anybody remember the time frames for half-day and full-day? We will be in port from 7a-6p and would love to do full-day. I have emailed her but thought I would post here to while waiting for a reply. I am so excited!!!

Thanks! :D

Archived