Alaska shore excursion times

betmust

I am going to Alaska on the Diamond in August.

When I look at shore excursions, it does not show times. If I wanted to book more than one thing in a port, how would I know if I could if it doesn't show times.

I know I can not book until 120 days out, so will times show up then?

Also, does Princess send out a book with shore excursions ahead of time for you to see at home or can you only view them on-line. There is a group of 7 of us going and we wanted to get together and look at excursions but I didn't know if we would get books to look at together or have to do it at someones house on the computer.

Thanks

Bette

I am going to Alaska on the Diamond in August.

When I look at shore excursions, it does not show times. If I wanted to book more than one thing in a port, how would I know if I could if it doesn't show times.

I know I can not book until 120 days out, so will times show up then?

Also, does Princess send out a book with shore excursions ahead of time for you to see at home or can you only view them on-line. There is a group of 7 of us going and we wanted to get together and look at excursions but I didn't know if we would get books to look at together or have to do it at someones house on the computer.

Thanks

Bette

Bette, it only shows times when you book the excursions. You will get the shore excursion book after final payment. The way that you can find out when you can book excursions is on your Cruise Personalier and it will say it is now open or something like.

Marilyn

It is advisable to keep checking the times for shore excursions that you have booked up until sailing time especially if booking more than one excursion in a day. We have had the times changed more than once after signing up for them. Also keep in mind that you will generally have to meet 1/2 hour before the time stated for the excursion and the first tour may be late returning to the ship so allow plenty of time inbetween the two.

Like mii posted a shore excursion book will be sent to you around final payment time but the excursions might be in the Cruise Personalize much sooner than that. If everyone has access to a computer they might want to look at what is offered and then you might want to get together and sign up for them as soon as they are in your Cruise Personalizers. Some things in Alaska like flgiht tours have limited capacity. These are frequently offered several times but it would be a shame to miss a tour because you've waited for the shore excursion book to arrive. On our Alaska cruises shore excursions seemed to book up much faster than on our other cruises.

Archived