Sunset Jamica Grande O.Rios questions

cblcop

We are thinking of getting a day pass, and we have a few questions. Does anyone have any information? Price? Hours? Any input would be great...Also does anyone know about transportation from the port to the hotel? Thanks in advance..

We are thinking of getting a day pass, and we have a few questions. Does anyone have any information? Price? Hours? Any input would be great...Also does anyone know about transportation from the port to the hotel? Thanks in advance..

Jumping in on the thread, also looking for any info/opinions. I just learned that it is a 10 minute walk along beach from pier (where rccl docks) on another thread.

What does it cost? How is food and amenities. Is it jam packed? Clean?

Opinions? THANKS!!

Please add us to the list. We also would like to know more about this resort and day passes. I read on another thread that it was $45 per person for the day, but have not gotten any other information as to how to set this up in advance or where the resort is. We would like to know more as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a reply back from marva at the resort stated $55.00 adult and $35.00 per child. I printed it out and will take it with me. we will be there on 3-27-08. I will post my experience when we get back.

We went to the Sunset Jamaica Grande on March 6th and it was awesome. We were going to walk there because it looks so close, but at the last minute we grabbed a cab for $3.00/person (we could have easily walked it). We got there a little after 9:00am and walked right up to the counter and told them we wanted the day pass. I had my printed information they e-mailed that had the price of $55.00/person. The woman that was checking us in told us the cost is $45.00/person and that’s what we ended up paying. They will hold one person’s ID from your group until you leave. They serve breakfast until 10:00am so if I were you I would skip breakfast on the ship because the breakfast food looked better than on the ship. We had already eaten on the ship since we didn’t know when they stopped serving breakfast at the resort. Lunch is serve between 12:00pm – 2:00pm and there is a small grill serving burgers, hotdogs, fries, and a few other things from 10:00am on. The only beer the bars serve Red Stripe on tap. Of course they have a wide array of the mixed drinks. Try the Hummingbird it was our favorite. One thing I would recommend is to bring your own insulated cup or mug. We wish we did as they serve you in small plastic 10oz. cups. Another thing I would do is get your beach chair first thing because just like the cruise ship the guests staying at the hotel start saving chairs early. The chairs that go first are the ones that have an umbrella by them. Don’t get me wrong you’ll get a chair, but if wait you may not have shade if that’s your thing. We moved some chairs close to a palm tree on the beach to get some shade. They have a nice swim up bar for about a dozen people and it was never crowded. They have two trampolines out in the water that anyone can use and two long water slides. They also have a small pool / sprinkler area for toddlers. There is also some snorkeling right off one of the beaches. When it was time to go back to the ship we just walked along the beach got back to the sidewalk and were back on board in 10 minutes maybe less.

Jimm, were all the meals included in the $45? Were the drinks limited at all? Was there any disclaimer about the saftey of the water used for ice (or is water safe in Jamaica?) Did you drink mixed drinks or just beer? Are you annoyed at my questions yet?

Annoyed, heck no. All meals were included and drinks were not limited in anyway. We were given the same wrist band as the regular hotel guests, so you have access to everything. They even give you a hospitality suite in case you want to shower and clean up. There was no disclaimer about the safety of the drinking water and my group tried plenty of frozen drinks and we were all fine. I drank both beer and the frozen drinks, but I did wish I had brought my own mug as the plastic cups they give you are rather small. If your drink is weak, don’t be shy to ask for more alcohol. Other guests at the hotel had their own mugs and they would just hand them over to the bar tender and get them filled. The biggest line we ever stood in for a drink was maybe 6 people in front of us.

We were in Ocho Rios last week on the NOS, and the people on the balcony next to us did this for the day and thought it was great. They had two teenaged girls with them who were very happy; they said the food was good and everything really fun on the whole. I know I have not experienced the Sunset Jamaica Grande myself, but wanted to pass on another positive statement about it.

Archived