Which Terminal???

Minnesota_Nice

I am flying from LAX-CDG-BCN and I was wondering how do I know which terminal I will arrive in and which terminal I will leave from to catch my flight to BCN? I haven't ever traveled interntionally and I haven't heard the best things about CDG. So any help on where I can find this information would be appreciated.

Thanks

To get a rough idea -- this shows you which airline fly into/ out of which terminals: http://www.paris-cdg.com/airlines.html

Also, try http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByRoute.do

choose by Flight and then enter the information for today or yesterday. You will see which gate the plane used/is scheduled to use for both take-off and landing. These usually are fairly consistent, but check it for several days to be sure.

Check out a map of CDG before landing (there are umpteen available on-line and the on-board magazine will have one). CDG is not my favorite airport, but I don't think it is nearly as bad as others do.

Our own dear MSP is hardly fun at 7 a.m.

Paul

Thanks to the previous poster for those websites (although I hope to never ever need to change planes in CDG again!). But those sites could come in handy.

To the OP: just prior to landing, you'll be told your arrival gate. Although you may "know" ahead of time which gate should be your departure gate, this could change. There are sign boards once you do get through the gate area, so verify where you need to go. I suggest downloading a map (schematic) of the terminals so you can orient yourself as you search for your gate. This could involve a lengthy walk or even a bus ride to the remote terminals.

Unless you are very lucky, you will be in a different terminal and will have to go through security. French security is tough- but at least we didn't have to take our shoes off (Aug 07). If you arrive at your gate early, you may find that it's being used for another flight, with no indication at all that it will be used for your flight. The number may change just before you are to board. However, keep your eyes and ears open for gate changes; these seemed to occur suddenly. Since all announcements are in French, if you do not understand it, just listen for the name of your destination- and if you hear it, check the board again. Our terminal did have an information desk (once you're through security and walking to your gate, keep an eye out for this desk)- they did speak English at that desk.

Good luck!

Archived