Cozumel Diving

birdnutz

I will be traveling on the NCL Sun beginning March 29 with a stop in Cozumel. Scuba with Alison is an 8 a.m. departure. The itinerary says the ship is in a 8 a.m., which I believe is 7 a.m. local time. Can any of you tell me if the ship actually lets people off (on the tender) at exactly 8 a.m. Also, if you have an outside excursion booked will they let you get on one of the earlier tenders?

I appreciate any information you can share. If I can't make it with Alison, I'm thinking about Eagle Ray Divers at 10 a.m.

I will be traveling on the NCL Sun beginning March 29 with a stop in Cozumel. Scuba with Alison is an 8 a.m. departure. The itinerary says the ship is in a 8 a.m., which I believe is 7 a.m. local time. Can any of you tell me if the ship actually lets people off (on the tender) at exactly 8 a.m. Also, if you have an outside excursion booked will they let you get on one of the earlier tenders?

I appreciate any information you can share. If I can't make it with Alison, I'm thinking about Eagle Ray Divers at 10 a.m.

We have been to Cozumel twice and never had to tender. They have 2 different docks there so highly unlikely you will be tendering. I would not worry. Alison is the best!!! You will have a great time!!!

We have been to Cozumel twice and never had to tender. They have 2 different docks there so highly unlikely you will be tendering. I would not worry. Alison is the best!!! You will have a great time!!!

Actually, some NCL ships have been having to tender, depending on how many ships are there that day.

Two weeks ago there were 10 other ships with us in Cozumel, so there was a lot of tendering going on!

We were on the Zuiderdam and HAL's shore excursions had priority for tendering over all others that wished to go ashore.

To the OP: I don't think anyone can guarentee a specific time when they start will start putting people ashore, too many things could happen (arriving late, clearing the ship, weather etc).

In our case tendering started around 8 am IIRC but due to high winds and damage to a tender alll tendering was suspended from 10 am till after lunch. Luckily I was on a HAL scuba excursion and we were on one of the first tenders.

There is ALWAYS the possibility of having to tender in Coz. And we've never been on a ship that allowed outside excursions off on the first tenders. Check with Allison about her policy.

Archived