Cayman Pirate Encounter

tomcatguy74

Hello all, Has anyone gone on this excursion? My wife and I have 2 kids both boys that are 5 and 9. How is this excursion? Do they have restrooms onboard the pirate ship?

Thanks

Robert

I didnt do this myself

but I did see some videos of it on you tube

looks like fun:)

Great trip. We did this last June (Conquest)--me, DH and DD7. She wasn't totally into the groove until they captured me! I was "hung" for laying around at home eating bon bons and watching Oprah according to my DH.

My DH enjoyed jumping off the ship from the back railing--except he did a seat buster and was a little sore :( The swimming is nice and the trip goes by quickly. You will have plenty of time to do other things in GC.

Oh yeah, the pirates also shoot cannons at the cruise ships in port.

We are going again next week :) and will be taking the rest of our group (more kids and grandparents) and this is the one excursion our DD is so excited about.

I can't remember about bathrooms, but I'll say yes. They were able to produce a photo cd to sell, so I can't imagine that they didn't have a bathroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the capacity of this pirate ship? I have a group of 21 going and all expressed interest so I am curious how many pax can take this tour at one time and if there are more than one sailing-I would assume so since we are in port for 6 hours and the sailings are 2 hrs each.

Also- our paperwork regarding the excursion does not mention it includes drinks but I have read when booked on your own, it includes open bar? I guess it depends on the cruiseline that is chartering the excursion. We are sailing RCI.

Any info would be appreciated.

My family of 6 wanted to do this excursion, but when I go to purchase it online (w/RCI), I can't......not with the 6 of us. It looks like so much fun and I know our 2 boys would love it! We could reserve it separately, but we run the chance of not being on the same tour.

Trying to see if there is anything else in GC to do.....either that, or wait until we are on the ship to reserve it all together.:o

Hello all, Has anyone gone on this excursion? My wife and I have 2 kids both boys that are 5 and 9. How is this excursion? Do they have restrooms onboard the pirate ship?

Thanks

Robert

:o

Our family went on the Cayman Pirate Encounter in July. Yes there is a small bathroom on board (my youngest son used it). I have three boys aged 8, 12 and 15 and they all loved it. One of the pirates on board was dressed up like Jack Sparrow. That was a big hit for my 8 year old! The pirate ship sailed passed our cruise ship and fired cannons at it in a mock pirate attack. The children could then participate in "swabbing the deck". They received either a toothbrush or a small sliver of a rag to wipe the deck. After that they recited a pirate oath. The pirates on board captured two prisioners and dumped ice water over their heads. After this entertainment, anyone could jump off the side of the pirate ship or walk the plank into the beautiful turquoise clear water of the Caribbean Sea. Everyone was required to wear a flotation device for jumping off the ship. Once back on board they served free rum punch or soft drinks.

I have posted a video of our port excursions on YouTube. Click on the following link to view it. There is video footage of the Cayman Pirate Encounter on it. This should help you to understand better what this excursion was like.

Hope this information helps!

Does anyone know the capacity of this pirate ship? I have a group of 21 going and all expressed interest so I am curious how many pax can take this tour at one time and if there are more than one sailing-I would assume so since we are in port for 6 hours and the sailings are 2 hrs each.

Also- our paperwork regarding the excursion does not mention it includes drinks but I have read when booked on your own, it includes open bar? I guess it depends on the cruiseline that is chartering the excursion. We are sailing RCI.

Any info would be appreciated.

Hi,

We went on this tour in July, If you book early enough, you should be able to get a group of 21 on the same tour. I'm not sure what the capacity of this boat is, but when we were on it, it was packed. I would guess that there were easily around 60 passengers on it.

The Cayman Pirate Encounter only offered one tour for cruise ship passengers. They had a special tour time from 9:00 - 11:00 am and you can only book this time slot through your cruise ship. They normally offer afternoon cruises on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 2:00 pm which makes it difficult if your ship has an early departure time. They did not have an open bar on this sailing but they did offer free rum punch or soda at the end of the tour.

Hope this information helps.

thanks for the group info. I emailed the Jolly Roger direct hoping I could see if my group could be insured of getting on the same sailing, but they did not respond to me. I think the safe bet would be thru the CL since on our own might cut it too close to sail away. I will keep our fingers crossed that we can all get aboard.

DZ63- thanks for the video link. I will forward it to my group. How did your 8 year old handle the Falls? I have a 6 year old and am wondering if he will be able to participate or if we should try something else in Jamaica.

thanks for the group info. I emailed the Jolly Roger direct hoping I could see if my group could be insured of getting on the same sailing, but they did not respond to me. I think the safe bet would be thru the CL since on our own might cut it too close to sail away. I will keep our fingers crossed that we can all get aboard.

DZ63- thanks for the video link. I will forward it to my group. How did your 8 year old handle the Falls? I have a 6 year old and am wondering if he will be able to participate or if we should try something else in Jamaica.

Hi Cruizin Suzan

Besides finding the water to be too cold for his liking, my 8 year old had no problem climbing the Falls. Since the water was cool he was reluctant to get too wet and did not want to go under the cascades. The rest of us thought the water was refreshing.

DZ63

What excursions did you take in mexico. I saw the dolphin encounter what else did you sign up for to go to than many places?

Overall, we only took two excursions in Mexico. We booked the Xcaret tour through Carnival. We actually didn't do the dolphin encounter there - only watched it for a few minutes though the fence. In Xcaret we went swimming in the underground river, at the beach and in the Snorkeling Inlet. We climbed across the ropes in the Manatee Lagoon and explored a small bat cave, and visited the indoor aquarium.

When we got back to Cozumel (around 4pm - ferry ride from Playa Del Carmen), we took a taxi to Paradise Beach (15 minute car ride from the pier). The inflatable iceberg, kayaks, and water trampolines were at Paradise Beach. It cost $9/person for a wrist band that allows full access to all of the water toys at Paradise Beach. We only bought the wrist bands for the kids.

Around 6pm, we took the taxi back to the pier and did a bit of shopping by the pier before getting back on the ship. It was a busy day!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. One could climb down the ladder into the water. When we jumped from the upper deck (approx. 15' above water level), we did not hit the bottom. An educated guess on the water depth = 15' or more. The water was very clear. You could see the bottom clearly.

I haven't gone on this tour, but considered it in January. We ended up doing the rays reef and rum point through nativeway which was outstanding. We heard others complaining about the tour when we got back to the ship. They were very disappointed and said there was only one "pirate" who put much effort into it. That was really all they said. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Archived