Transportation Ft Lauderdale to Miami

arubasun

Some of our group ( 4 adults and luggage) will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale for our cruise on the Sun out of Miami. Do you know of a shuttle or have any recommendations to get to Miami? Also, I believe they have a late flight out and was thinking of renting a car upon renting from the cruise to get to the airport. Are cabs, car rentals ready available when we return from the cruise? Appreciate any suggestions.

In the baggage area of FLL airport, you can sign up for GO Airport Shuttle's share-a-ride for 18 dollars per person. They took me directly to the ship in Miami. They guarantee the wait is no longer than 30 minutes. They also have other options available if you like to go direct. Since you are a group, you might call them at 954-561-8888 or do an online reservation at http://www.floridalimo.com

Taking a cab there can range between 80-100 dollars.

Renting a car yourself...you have to do all the work.

I highly recommend this company as I always had good luck with them.

Coka

Coka, thank you for the transportation information from FLL to MIA. We have a party of six however 4 are flying into FLL. My father is so excited because he is taking his 4 grown children on a cruise. Can't wait...counting down...6 more days until we sail on the Sun!

Coka, thank you for the transportation information from FLL to MIA. We have a party of six however 4 are flying into FLL. My father is so excited because he is taking his 4 grown children on a cruise. Can't wait...counting down...6 more days until we sail on the Sun!

Hi Arubasun. I will be on the same cruise as you. Come and join our roll call.

I booked the NCL Bus Shuttle to and from FLL airport. It was $20 a person. ;)

Hi Bikergal 78

Thank you for the invite but what is roll call?

Please forgive me as I'm new to this board and I've only been on a few cruises. In fact, my last cruise was in 2004 in Alaska on the Norwegian Sun.

We just got back today and we used Larry's Limos. Was waiting for us at the FLL airport, delivered us to the ship in Miami and even stopped so we could get soda. Waiting for us when we got thru customs, even brought my jacket which I left by accident. Prices very reasonable compared to shuttles.

Hi there...2 questions:

***** To the poster who took Larry's Limo...do you remember how much from FLL to Miami port....we have 4 adults and 2 children...would the limo fit everyone?

***** For the poster who talked abot an NCL shuttle...was the price of $20.00 per person one way or return???

Thank you to anyone with info. It is much appreciated!!

***** For the poster who talked abot an NCL shuttle...was the price of $20.00 per person one way or return???

It is $20 each way. You book it via NCL. It is there Shuttle. I was thinking about taking the GO Shuttle but they are based at the Fort Lauderdale Airport. It is only like $18 going to the ship but over $100 going from the ship to the airport. Yikes :eek:

Here is the link to the roll call thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=521058

It is a thread for the March 15th Sun Cruise. So people on the same cruise can get together and jabber. We are trying to set up a meet and greet. We can't decide on a location or time just yet. We are slackers... laughs... Go take a peek :D

Hi there...2 questions:

***** To the poster who took Larry's Limo...do you remember how much from FLL to Miami port....we have 4 adults and 2 children...would the limo fit everyone?

Thank you to anyone with info. It is much appreciated!!

There were only 2 of us so we had a Lincoln Town car but they have many types of vehicles - for us it was $150 total roundtrip including tip. Their website shows they do have 7 passenger vans available - here's their website:

http://www.larryslimo.com/

They were very helpful when I called. We would definitely use them again.

We rented a car because we wanted the freedom to move around since we arrived on Friday but only sailed on Sunday. My sister and family arrived Friday night and paid approx. $75.00 for a taxi.

We returned our car on Saturday but wanted to go to South Beach. We had just missed the bus so returned to our hotel (Holiday Inn Port of Miami) to get a cab. We ended up taking VIP Shuttle for $5 per person which sounds steep but he actually gave us a small tour of South Beach, driving by Miami Ink so that we (read teenage daughters) could take pictures. He then dropped us off in front of Versace's house. We liked him so much that we ended up booking him to pick us up after our cruise and made a deal with him $150 for nine of us which ended up being a bit cheaper than the other shuttles. He was there waiting for us when we got off the ship....GREAT SERVICE! Can't say enough about VIP shuttle service. I believe that the standard rate is $18-20 pp

I just did a search for one way car rentals between FLL and MIA for your dates. They wanted one hundred fifteen bucks per day!!! Yikes!!! Must be something going on those weekends or a penalty for booking so late. You may be better off taking one of the shuttle services. Even a one day rental on the day you get back from your cruise runs that much.

Both Dollar and Alamo pick you up from the cruise port and shuttle you to the Miami airport rental locations. They also take you to the cruise port if you drop a car off there.

Normally, I would suggest renting from one of those agencies at FLL, paying $40-50 per day, drop your car off at the MIA location, and take the shuttle to the cruise port, but at $115, you might as well pay the shuttle fare $80 for 4 each way and go door to door.

Archived