Just back from the Fortuna-Western Caribbean

digginthedirt

We arrived home yesterday after a WONDERFUL trip on the Costa Fortuna.

If anyone has any ?'s I'm happy to answer them.

I agree with other posters-- the embark and the disembark were super fast and EZ.

Cabin-- a balcony was just fine for 2 ad and 2 small kiddos.

Food-- Good. The best meals were in the dining room for dinner. Maiter D' was very nice and so helpful.

Entertainment-- all that we saw was fun and pretty well done. Most happening too late with little ones.

We did travel with peanut and tree nut allergies and found them helpful. We had no problems at all.

Kids activities--- We didn't use the squok club the hours were odd and too late in the evening to really bother. Kids pool is really small.We stuck to the 2 regular pools on deck 9 and 10. The kids loved the water slide:)

My complaints would be -- I wish there were more shows and activities in the day or afternoon especially on days at sea. My kids are ready for bed by 8:00. The X1 was tricky to use-- the bartenders really don't want to serve you. We did get bottles of wine for dinners but it took many many requests. Dining room service was VERY slow. The food was really good though.

Ask away and I'll do my best on any specifics about anything.:)

Mich

I am so glad you had a good time! My cruise is in less than 3 weeks so I'm getting excited!

Was it hard to find your way around the ship? I've read that it was hard to get to the dining rooms from the cabin floors :-)

Which deck were you on?

Which diningroom were you in?

Do you remember seeing Karaoke on the Today sheets? If so, do you happen to remember the time and location? I am traveling with people who like to sing :-)

How were the ports? Which was your favorite and why?

Thanks so much!

"I'm told our cruise is sold out. Where there any areas around the pools that were less crowded than the others?"

The pool on deck 9 --the main pool was the most crowded

If you're traveling without kids the back pool on deck 9 will be good for you(no kids allowed there)

Was it hard to find your way around the ship? I've read that it was hard to get to the dining rooms from the cabin floors :-) We had no trouble at all finding nything

Which deck were you on? we were on deck 6--6255

Which diningroom were you in? Rafaello-- very slow service, very good food

Do you remember seeing Karaoke on the Today sheets? If so, do you happen to remember the time and location? I am traveling with people who like to sing :-) I do remember seeing Karaoke-I'm not sure when or where though

How were the ports? Which was your favorite and why? Cozumel--loved it went to Chakanaab

Grand Cayman taken to the Reef ? bar really nice beach,restaurant, food was good, outside shower to rinse all the sand off!! My favorite:) Beautiful place clear water , lots of shopping and people there are very nice too.

Jamaica---OK--kids stayed with Daddy on the boat. Interesting people,but not really for me. Only stayed an hour or so cause we were tired of being bothered! I'd skip this port next time and just stay on the boat.

Grand Turk---gorgeous!!! Totally unspoiled. Margaritaville was large,fun and food was standard chain fair. The pool was clean and gigantic. Shopping was ok too. Taken to Bohio resort by a taxi driver who recommended it and it was nice but we were hungry and they stopped serving food at 2:30. So we went back to Margaritaville--yummy nachos!!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you think of more.

Mich:)

I'm so glad you had a good time!! We leave Sunday! Thank you for your review!!!

I'm told our cruise is sold out. Where there any areas around the pools that were less crowded than the others?

Its sold out to due to the bands that are going to be onboard plus being near Spring Break! Have fun!

We arrived home yesterday after a WONDERFUL trip on the Costa Fortuna.

If anyone has any ?'s I'm happy to answer them.

I agree with other posters-- the embark and the disembark were super fast and EZ.

Cabin-- a balcony was just fine for 2 ad and 2 small kiddos.

Food-- Good. The best meals were in the dining room for dinner. Maiter D' was very nice and so helpful.

Entertainment-- all that we saw was fun and pretty well done. Most happening too late with little ones.

We did travel with peanut and tree nut allergies and found them helpful. We had no problems at all.

Kids activities--- We didn't use the squok club the hours were odd and too late in the evening to really bother. Kids pool is really small.We stuck to the 2 regular pools on deck 9 and 10. The kids loved the water slide:)

My complaints would be -- I wish there were more shows and activities in the day or afternoon especially on days at sea. My kids are ready for bed by 8:00. The X1 was tricky to use-- the bartenders really don't want to serve you. We did get bottles of wine for dinners but it took many many requests. Dining room service was VERY slow. The food was really good though.

Ask away and I'll do my best on any specifics about anything.:)

Mich

Thanks for you post! You said the balcony was nice? We're you on the left side or the right side of the ship? We're going to be in room 6246 on deck 6.

We have a teenager and a 10 year old going with us, how old were your kids?

Write back soon!

Its sold out to due to the bands that are going to be onboard plus being near Spring Break! Have fun!

Yeah, I know. I'm hoping some of the places will be a little less crowded while the concerts are going on. :D

You said the balcony was nice? We're you on the left side or the right side of the ship? We're going to be in room 6246 on deck 6.

The balcony was a wonderful option for us. It provided a nice early morning and late night hang out, the sounds and smells of the ocean were so relaxing. We were on the right side of the ship--you'll be on the left. Our kids were 7 and 3 but there were plenty of teens from all over the world aboard--I'll bet with spring break you'll have even more.

Enjoy your trip!!

Mich

You said the balcony was nice? We're you on the left side or the right side of the ship? We're going to be in room 6246 on deck 6.

The balcony was a wonderful option for us. It provided a nice early morning and late night hang out, the sounds and smells of the ocean were so relaxing. We were on the right side of the ship--you'll be on the left. Our kids were 7 and 3 but there were plenty of teens from all over the world aboard--I'll bet with spring break you'll have even more.

Enjoy your trip!!

Mich

Thanks Mitch, thats what i was wanting to hear! I'm looking forward to our first breakfast to be on the balcony!!

hi, we were on the fortuna at the end of feb and the hair dryer was fine for my hair, but i have a short haircut. they are in the bedroom area, so you have to use the mirror in the room. they can't be moved. my daughter-in-law has longer hair and took her own hair dryer....so as far as i was concerned they were fine. hope this helps.

I have shoulder length hair and it was fine(it had 2 speeds). Yes, it's in the drawer of the dressing table in the room and can't be moved.

Thanks! I'll be leaving mine at home! One less thing to pack.

Archived