Fantasy or Holiday?

bernieb86

I would suggest you take the Fantasy. The Holiday is old and worn out. While you will get some people that will swear by the Holiday and how great the service and that will make up for any problems the Holiday might have. She is a ship that needs to put out to pasture and something new brought in.

The Holiday is the oldest ship in the Carnival fleet. The Fantasy is the third oldest in the fleet. They are both old ships. The Fantasy is 50% larger than the Holiday with an Atrium beyond that they are more similar than different.

Fantasy!!!!! The Holiday has definitely seen better days. Service and food were great but it lacks an atrium which made me feel slightly claustrophobic. Obviously from my signature you can tell that we love love love the Fantasy! It is an older ship with alot of heart! Plus, if you wait until October, it will have the new upgrades!

I would suggest you take the Fantasy. The Holiday is old and worn out. While you will get some people that will swear by the Holiday and how great the service and that will make up for any problems the Holiday might have. She is a ship that needs to put out to pasture and something new brought in.

I totally agree........

In October 2006, four of us "girls" went on the Holiday. A good time was had by all. Last year, for the JSCII, 8 went on the Fantasy to change things up a bit. We've just booked the JSCIII for 2008 and chose the Holiday! Fantasy is bigger but not sure that equates to "better". We liked both but actually kinda liked the Holiday better. Holiday has a neat little deck bar on the back of the ship that we frequented a lot. I think we just kinda liked the feel of the smaller ship. AND, we knew about the upgrades for Fantasy this year, which sound neat but still made the decision to go back on the Holiday. No accounting for taste, I guess..lol!

Donna

Oh, and I meant to say that this has become an annual cruise and we invite any and all to join us. We call it the Jack s Cruise cause that's our focus....4 nights of just doing jack with our best buds! We only do New Orleans (Fantasy) or Mobile (Holiday) because each port is only a five hour drive for us. We have considered some other departure ports but having further to drive and/or fly would interfere with the whole JS idea of the cruise!

Donna

We have been on the Holiday 6 times and cruised the Fantasy last month. We live about 4 hours from Mobile and New Orleans,so each is an easy drive for us. I much prefer the Holiday and am in the process of booking another cruise in June. The fantasy has a nice atrium while the Holiday does not. I found that a lot of people on their first cruise expect an atrium and that is understandable. However,in my opinion, the service on the Holiday has been the best we have had in any of our 38 cruises. A lot of people lately have complained of the brown water and vibration, we have never had a problem with either. We found the food and entertainmet to be comparable, with the Holiday eaier to get around on. Aother thing we liked about the Holiday was their cruise diretor, Steve Cassell,a fantastic entertainer and very friendly. On the Fantasy we had Big Tex, and while he was good,we just did not enjoy him as much. Having said all this, we would cruise either again and I'm sure have a great time on either. Whatever you decide, STAY POSITIVE AN HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

Either ship is just fine!! We're not talking flea-bag hotels here . . . I think I'd let "itenerary" be a deciding factor; either ship is clean, the food is good, the staff is friendly, it floats okay, and the plumbing works. Do your homework on shore excursions and let that be the deciding factor. . . . in my opinion . . . ;)

I have been on both the Holiday and the Fantasy. I would agree with an earlier poster that which ever you take will be fine if you go with a positive attitude. I like the Holiday bars better, but I like the decor on the Fantasy better. Both have pros and cons, enjoy which ever one you choose.

We have been on the Holiday 6 times and cruised the Fantasy last month. We live about 4 hours from Mobile and New Orleans,so each is an easy drive for us. I much prefer the Holiday and am in the process of booking another cruise in June. The fantasy has a nice atrium while the Holiday does not. I found that a lot of people on their first cruise expect an atrium and that is understandable. However,in my opinion, the service on the Holiday has been the best we have had in any of our 38 cruises. A lot of people lately have complained of the brown water and vibration, we have never had a problem with either. We found the food and entertainmet to be comparable, with the Holiday eaier to get around on. Aother thing we liked about the Holiday was their cruise diretor, Steve Cassell,a fantastic entertainer and very friendly. On the Fantasy we had Big Tex, and while he was good,we just did not enjoy him as much. Having said all this, we would cruise either again and I'm sure have a great time on either. Whatever you decide, STAY POSITIVE AN HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

I have been on both the Holiday and the Fantasy. I would agree with an earlier poster that which ever you take will be fine if you go with a positive attitude. I like the Holiday bars better, but I like the decor on the Fantasy better. Both have pros and cons, enjoy which ever one you choose.

I have only sailed on the Holiday, just returned yesterday. I experienced the brown water, the vibrations & knocking noises that some have complained about on here, however, as the posters above stated stay positive. Whichever you choose, make the most of it. I would sail on the Holiday again tomorrow if I could. But, at the same time I would like to experience some of Carnival's newer & bigger ships.

No reason to suck it up. There are way too many other ships out there to spend your money on.........

IMHO, that's just silly! No doubt, you find people who have had negative experiences on EVERY SINGLE CRUISE SHIP on the waters! If you beleived every negative review to be what YOUR experience would be, you'll never sail anywhere! I had a great experience on the Holiday, no brown water, no vibrations. Maybe this time, I'll experience those things...sometimes you pays your money and takes your chances :). I'm going on her again in October, because it was a good cruise, a good experience, a good price and it's convenient. I'll try other ships, maybe other lines when it suits my time and budget but I won't let negative reviews make the decision for me!

Donna

IMHO, that's just silly! No doubt, you find people who have had negative experiences on EVERY SINGLE CRUISE SHIP on the waters! If you beleived every negative review to be what YOUR experience would be, you'll never sail anywhere! I had a great experience on the Holiday, no brown water, no vibrations. Maybe this time, I'll experience those things...sometimes you pays your money and takes your chances :). I'm going on her again in October, because it was a good cruise, a good experience, a good price and it's convenient. I'll try other ships, maybe other lines when it suits my time and budget but I won't let negative reviews make the decision for me!

Donna

I was referring to everyone that keeps saying if you "think positive" or "go in there with a positive attitude".:D To me that's just a nice way of saying it's not as nice as the other ships. Which I know from experience.

But as I keep reading I am finding out that the main reason people sail this ship is because of price and convenience.......

I was referring to everyone that keeps saying if you "think positive" or "go in there with a positive attitude".:D To me that's just a nice way of saying it's not as nice as the other ships. Which I know from experience.

But as I keep reading I am finding out that the main reason people sail this ship is because of price and convenience.......

My interpretation is that people are saying "IF you encounter some difficulties, make the best of it and have a good time". And, I still say, why would I choose another ship if my own PERSONAL experience was great but somebody else experiences brown water, vibrations, rude waitstaff, chair hoggers, rowdy teens, etc. I've been on "other" ships as well....Fascination, Sensation and Fantasy. MY own experience says the Holiday is just as nice as these other four "newer and bigger" ships. We sailed on Fantasy last year, we chose to sail the Holiday this year. Price about the same, distance/convenience the same. I wouldn't hesitate to try other ships but I would choose based on overall reviews, not on just the bad ones. And, overall....I think Holiday is holding her own!

I just got off the Fantasy on Saturday. You will really like this ship. People say its small and outdated, but I thought it was nice. It wasnt so big you couldnt get around it, or had trouble remembering what was where. But it was big enough that you didnt feel crowded. The staff is excellent. Very friendly and very hard working. Juan (the head bartender on the Lido Deck) can make anything and doesnt skimp on the alchohol. Also, New Orleans is a blast and if you havent been there, its worth taking the Fantasy just to spend the day on Bourbon Street.

My interpretation is that people are saying "IF you encounter some difficulties, make the best of it and have a good time". And, I still say, why would I choose another ship if my own PERSONAL experience was great but somebody else experiences brown water, vibrations, rude waitstaff, chair hoggers, rowdy teens, etc. I've been on "other" ships as well....Fascination, Sensation and Fantasy. MY own experience says the Holiday is just as nice as these other four "newer and bigger" ships. We sailed on Fantasy last year, we chose to sail the Holiday this year. Price about the same, distance/convenience the same. I wouldn't hesitate to try other ships but I would choose based on overall reviews, not on just the bad ones. And, overall....I think Holiday is holding her own!

Absolutely everyone seems to interpret things differently on a message board......

Archived