Smaller ships...

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

What would you say are the perks or advantages of sailing on a smaller ship such as Holiday, versus the larger, newer ones?

The small ships like the Holiday and the Celebration IMO have a nice warm small town feel to them. You see the same people a lot more. It can be good if you get nice passengers that week. also I find the crew to be better on small ships.

Our second cruise was on the Tahitian Princess, which is a very small ship...only holds about 600 passengers. While it had its advantages, ie...shorter lines, less walking, it had its disadvantages, too...like having the "energy" of the big ships. And the stores...well, there were only a couple in the "mall", if you can call it that! I loved that cruise, but I think I prefer the larger ships.:D

We've just booked our third annual "girl's weekend" cruise. First was Holiday, next was Fantasy and we just booked Holiday, again. I've also been on the Sensation. We liked both Fantasy and Holiday but think the poster that said smaller ships have a "small town feel" was right. We really loved the smaller Holiday. I didn't notice any undue wear or tear, she didn't look old to me, crew was great, food was fabulous. I didn't miss the atrium. We had a great experience on the Fantasy, too...but we all voted to go back on the Holiday. Also, I'm not much of a shopper, but I think there were actually more and bigger shops on the Holiday! The girls also liked the art auction on the Holiday better than the one on the Fantasy.

Try one of each and make your own decision! :D

What would you say are the perks or advantages of sailing on a smaller ship such as Holiday, versus the larger, newer ones?

There's also a different dichotomy between "newer" ships, and "older" ones. The Royal Princess / Minerva II is even smaller than the Holiday... but alot newer (2001 vs 1985).

Archived