Belize..stay on boat?

cruisin_fanatic

I am going on the Carnival Valor to Belize next week and we were going to do the cave tubing but my family didn't want to do it unless it was thru carnival which was $95 a person and it was a 7 hour thing...so we signed up for the Belize City Tour. Has anyone been on this tour? If so, how was it? What did you do after? Id hate to just go back to the ship but any of the beaches I have found are too far....Does anyone know if there are any beaches close enough to port? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I will be going to Belize on December on the Independence of the Seas and it is the first time we go there. At this moment we haven't decide where to go. Be don't do snorkeling and about beach, well I don't think so we will go.

Maybe we will look at the different excursions and see what to do over there.

I, too, was wondering when "dry season" is. Can someone help with the time of year so we can plan excursions accordingly? Many thanks!

Go to this thread and scroll to post #6

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=788557

This is the information another poster shared regarding "dry season" in case you can't get to the post I linked above :

"We were there right after a tropical storm and it is the rainy season which did not help matters. I would not recommend this tour unless you're going between November and May. That's when the tour guides said the mosqito population is lowest. If you do go, make sure your bug spray has DEET. They also sell it there. Not sure of the price, because we had our own."

We will be in Belize next the week of 7/20 but after all the reading I've done regarding the port we are going to stay near the port and do a little shopping. I'm not a swimmer so any of the water excursions aren't for me. I don't want to travel an hour from the port to sight see so it looks like there isn't much else to do. I didn't realize that there were no beaches (unless you take a water taxi). Oh well we have never had a port day where we just took in the sights right at the port so this will be a good day for that.

Archived