3 Liberty Questions--leaving in 4 days!!

jimbug

Okay, as I'm counting down the last few days before I leave (yessss!), I have 2 questions....

1) I have e-docs and don't want to bother with printing/taping/attaching the paper luggage tags. Is it possible to get regular tags from the porters when we show up at the pier? (I know I *should* print out my own, but it's just more hassle than it's worth as long as I can get them from the porter.)

2) I'm traveling with my extended family on 4 different booking numbers. Supposedly our dining times are all linked, supposedly we have 6:15 dining in the Golden Olympian, and supposedly we'll be at a table for 8 (just our group only). If for some reason we board and discover something is amiss with our dining reservations, when and where can I meet with the maitre d' to remedy this?

3) Disembarkation numbers...we all have late flights (which Carnival knows about), but early rental car and Sunday brunch reservations (for Easter). Do you think the purser's desk would balk if we received late tags and asked for earlier ones? I'll have the car rental confirmation to show as proof. (Edited to add that I would like to do self-assist, which would solve the problem, but some of my group will have way too much luggage to do this...so it's kind of out.)

4) Here's a 4th question thrown in for good measure in case anyone knows. We're renting a car throuh National at the FLL Airport after the cruise. Does anyone know if they have a shuttle bus from the pier, or should we just take a cab?

Thanks! :)

Okay, as I'm counting down the last few days before I leave (yessss!), I have 2 questions....

1) I have e-docs and don't want to bother with printing/taping/attaching the paper luggage tags. Is it possible to get regular tags from the porters when we show up at the pier? (I know I *should* print out my own, but it's just more hassle than it's worth as long as I can get them from the porter.)

2) I'm traveling with my extended family on 4 different booking numbers. Supposedly our dining times are all linked, supposedly we have 6:15 dining in the Golden Olympian, and supposedly we'll be at a table for 8 (just our group only). If for some reason we board and discover something is amiss with our dining reservations, when and where can I meet with the maitre d' to remedy this?

3) Disembarkation numbers...we all have late flights (which Carnival knows about), but early rental car and Sunday brunch reservations (for Easter). Do you think the purser's desk would balk if we received late tags and asked for earlier ones? I'll have the car rental confirmation to show as proof. (Edited to add that I would like to do self-assist, which would solve the problem, but some of my group will have way too much luggage to do this...so it's kind of out.)

4) Here's a 4th question thrown in for good measure in case anyone knows. We're renting a car throuh National at the FLL Airport after the cruise. Does anyone know if they have a shuttle bus from the pier, or should we just take a cab?

Thanks! :)

We just got back yesterday (sigh), I can help with some of them....

1. luggage tags ( i don't know....in the past i have noticed luggage tags at the porter area, but didn't specifically see them this year)

2. You can meet with the maitre'd as soon as you board. There is usually a bit of a line. We have travelled the last 3 years with groups with at least 3 different booking numbers and have always been seated together, so I'll bet it's not a problem, but if it is the maitre'd will be there when you board.

3. We had an early flight so the purser's desk gave us early debarkation tickets. But the CD assured everyone that the whole ship would be disembarked by 10:30...don't know if that is early enough...Another option would be to have one person do self disembark and go pick up the rental car and come back and get everyone else. (I don't know how hard it is to get back into the port as an individual to pick people up, but I am sure it happens all the time, so it can't be that difficult.) The debarkation process on the whole was so much easier/quicker out of Port Everglades than Miami.

4. We used Thrifty...they had a shuttle bus that you called when you got out of the terminal ad they were there within 10 minutes. I did notice another bus that went back to the airport location for Hertz, National, Alamo and one more company I think it was Budget. I would just call the local company that you have you reservation with (not the 800 number, but the local number) and ask them.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to get off the ship by 9:00 a.m. at the latest so we can pick up our rental car and get to Dania Beach for our 10:30 brunch reservations. Better early than late, I think...we can always walk along the beach and explore if we need to kill some time.

Your idea about one or two of us doing self-assist to pick up the cars may be a good one. I'll ask over on the Florida departures board to see how easy it is to get into the pier area as an individual to pick people up.

Thanks!

we're on the liberty back on dec had a dining issue also the maitre'd is available at 1.00 in the dining room off the main lobby we got their at 1.00 no line but there was one shortly after.

Archived