Cruise Ship Pier Question

hoosiers54

Hi,

I'll be sailing to Grand Cayman next Sunday and I have a pier question. I am in an electric wheelchair and want to know what type of facilities are right there on the pier (I love Cozumel's pier-side shopping area). Any help wth shops, restauratns, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

It depends a bit on which pier your tender uses. The cruise ships do not dock in Cayman, so you will board a tender vessel to reach shore.

There are a few shops at the newest tender pier (the Royal Watler terminal) but none right at the North or South Terminals. To access most of the shops requires crossing a road. Sidewalks in George Town are not ideal, but generally managable.

Thank you. I called RCI and they do have a new wheelchair lift for the tender....but i do have another question. i know this is a matter of personal opinion, but i wonder if it is worth it? Is Georgetown 'wheelchair friendly' enough? (many stores in downtown cozumel were inaccessible due to their quaint design). If i crossed the street to the shops, is it worth my trouble?

(I usually head out shopping by myself while the ships are in port)

Many thanks.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived