Carnival Vacation Club Points

yophilly1981

I am stuck with these CVC points and I'm trying to squeeze 4200 points into a 7 day cruise with my wife. It looks like I am going to be about 700 - 800 points short. Does anyone have an idea of what CVC charges you for more points? I truely hate calling there customer service.

I am stuck with these CVC points and I'm trying to squeeze 4200 points into a 7 day cruise with my wife. It looks like I am going to be about 700 - 800 points short. Does anyone have an idea of what CVC charges you for more points? I truely hate calling there customer service.

I just had to buy some points. I think that they are $0.25 per point.

Hi, I am not completely sure, but I think the points are 32 or 33 cents per point.

Thank you very much. I guess thats not toooo bad. I should only have to pay an extra $250. I think this should be a warning to anyone who is thinking about joining the Carnival Vacation Club. There biggest selling point is that they allow you to purchase the cruises cheaper. If a point is roughly equal to $0.20, then a $600 cruise purchased on the carnival website is $745 through CVC.

It is 25 cents a point. I just used up the rest of my points. I honestly would not join CVC again. I felt that we wasted a lot of money signing up. We have received no upgrades and haven't had the chance to use any of the perks of the 3 resort vacations. We will not be using this service again. In all honesty it's not "cheaper." You are paying a premium when you sign up for this club because in reality you are paying for the resort stays too!

It is 25 cents a point. I just used up the rest of my points. I honestly would not join CVC again. I felt that we wasted a lot of money signing up. We have received no upgrades and haven't had the chance to use any of the perks of the 3 resort vacations. We will not be using this service again. In all honesty it's not "cheaper." You are paying a premium when you sign up for this club because in reality you are paying for the resort stays too!

1. We never paid premium rates, and still dont.

2. Upgrades were never part of the deal, Upgrade fairy makes that choice.

3. We have always received great upgrades when booking with CVC or Seamiles.

4. We saved a grip load of cash. Remember that booking with your points includes all of the Port Charges and Taxes.

5. Used our 2-1 airfare from San Diego - Miami savings there alone were 500.00

6. If the reality was that the resorts rates were added to your cruise rates the cruises would be over 1000.00 more.

7. I was going to buy the membership again this past April but they discontiued selling the membership. The good thing the came out of this, I am now Platinum.

Fred

RoadTripFanatic, I agree with you. I never received an upgrade from booking through CVC. Of course, an upgarde can never be guarenteed, but CVC said you're more likely to get an upgrade booking through them. All of the cruises found on CVC have been at least $100 - $150 more than the price of carnival.com, and they'll match any price you can find but you have to do all the leg work. I regret signing up with CVC. However, its not a bad deal, it just mislead people into thinking they are getting more than they actually are.

4. We saved a grip load of cash. Remember that booking with your points includes all of the Port Charges and Taxes.

6. If the reality was that the resorts rates were added to your cruise rates the cruises would be over 1000.00 more.

7. I was going to buy the membership again this past April but they discontiued selling the membership. The good thing the came out of this, I am now Platinum.

Fred

Like I said earlier, it has saved us a ton of money as well. Something just accurred to me though, everyone that has posted here, that were disappointed, haven't really tried to use all the perks yet. The certificates alone save you hundreds!! Where else can you get a nice resort for 7 nights for $199.00? Not to mention when you just book a resort through them. We are going to mazatlan for 2 weeks (in 2 weeks) booked it through CVC without certificates and we saved over 400.00. It's a really nice resort. In fact, a lot of the cruise ship passengers use it for the day when they are in Mazatlan. Well at least the ones that know what they are doing anyway.

So to those of you that just can't stand the club, I would be happy to take the certificates and extra points on your hands so you can just be done with it. No problem!:D :p

Fred

Just for the record we were told that since we were CVC we would have first chances on upgrades. We could never use our 2-1 deal because we couldn't pick out times to fly (They told us they had to pick the flight times) and none of the flights we wanted to fly were over the amount we needed to make the 2-1. For us it just wasn't worth it. Any of the resorts that we have tried to book were not available when we wanted to go. I'm very glad to hear that you had a positive experience and it worked out so well for you. It's nice to hear about positive review. I will say that I did like my travel agent and he was always helpful.

So to those of you that just can't stand the club, I would be happy to take the certificates and extra points on your hands so you can just be done with it. No problem!:D :p

Well if you insist you can have my 17 points that I have left!!!

I am also one of the ones that has gotten good use out of my CVC membership. We have used 2 of the resort cerftficates, 2 of the air certificates and have another resort stay booked for Destin this summer. I still have one resort certificate left. I have saved over $2200.00 with the certificates.

I guess I was lucky, 4 out of the 5 cruises we booked using the CVC we have been upgraded. On one of the cruises we took our grown children and they were also upgraded to the same cat as we were. Even on the cruises that we took without using CVC points and have booked thru Carnival we still always get a gift from CVC.

I have enjoyed our CVC membership and I was lucky to get one of the better agents that CVC has.

Also I would recommend checking the resort stays website often. I checked for over a month before the Destin one opened up for a July stay.

Archived