? Bannister Island through Carnival ?

bellybutton

Who has taken the Bannister Island tour through Carnival? Did you have enough time to go into port and shop and look around?

Good question!

We're in port from 8am to 5pm. What time does the excursion leave and return (approximately)?

We did this excursions through Carnival 2 years ago. I *think* we left the ship around 10 am and stayed on the Island until about 2 pm. We got back to the ship around 2:30-3:00-ish. If we would have wanted to go into port, we could have probably had about an hour in port. We didn't want to, though.

It seems like there might have been an earlier option for this excursion, but I don't know that for sure.

Here's what I wrote about our day:

We did the Private Island Beach Break at Bannister Island in Belize. This was a nice beach day, although we liked Paradise Beach in Cozumel better.

Bannister Island has a covered outdoor restauant/bar with decent bar-type food (chicken fingers, burgers, nachos, hot dogs, bar-b-q chicken). There are clean restrooms. The beach is pretty nice, with lounge chairs, float mats, some shaded hut-type seating. The swimming area was calm the day we were there. Didn't see too many snorkelers, but maybe if you go on the other side of the dock. For an extra charge, you can rent kayaks or pedal boats. Wait-persons come around to your lounger and bring you drinks/food.

The excursion left directly from the Carnival Miracle, took about a half hour to get to the Island. Stayed on the Island for about 4 hours. We had a fun time.

We did this excursions through Carnival 2 years ago. I *think* we left the ship around 10 am and stayed on the Island until about 2 pm. We got back to the ship around 2:30-3:00-ish. If we would have wanted to go into port, we could have probably had about an hour in port. We didn't want to, though.

It seems like there might have been an earlier option for this excursion, but I don't know that for sure.

Here's what I wrote about our day:

We did the Private Island Beach Break at Bannister Island in Belize. This was a nice beach day, although we liked Paradise Beach in Cozumel better.

Bannister Island has a covered outdoor restauant/bar with decent bar-type food (chicken fingers, burgers, nachos, hot dogs, bar-b-q chicken). There are clean restrooms. The beach is pretty nice, with lounge chairs, float mats, some shaded hut-type seating. The swimming area was calm the day we were there. Didn't see too many snorkelers, but maybe if you go on the other side of the dock. For an extra charge, you can rent kayaks or pedal boats. Wait-persons come around to your lounger and bring you drinks/food.

The excursion left directly from the Carnival Miracle, took about a half hour to get to the Island. Stayed on the Island for about 4 hours. We had a fun time.

Thanks, we went cavetubing last time we were in Belize and had 0 time to look around. We want to go to Bannister this time but would also like to take the tender ashore for alittle while to shop!

Archived