Belize

Gozogirl

What is recommended to do in Belize? We love the beach,water sports etc. We are going on the Norwegian Spirit next week and they only offer a tour to a beach at 9 AM. Love to sleep late especially since we at docked there until 6 PM> Any advice on what we can do on our own. Thanks

Does anyone out there have any advice on how to get to the beach on our own or where to go. We are going to be there for one day from 8 am to 6 PM. The Norwegian Spirit does not offer much in tours. We would like to go to a beautiful beach for the day. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks

actually, all ship tender...none dock. in belize, on the NCL spirit..the last tender about 5pm. you don't want to miss it.

all ship excursions get the 1st tenders..we got off at 8am, got to port about 8:30am. we did the lamanai/river safari, it's a long day's tour..we got back to dock in time for the 2nd to last tender of the day. figure on being back to the dock area between 4 and 4:30 to avoid that last minute rush or chance of missing the tender.

We went to Belize in mid February 2008.

We did the Shark Ray Alley excursion which we would thoroughly recommend. This included a 45 minute speed boat ride, a trip to Caye Caulker (a fantastic little island), snorkelling off the reef and swimming with Stingrays. The trip started about 11am so you could still have a lie in!

When you to the port look out for Ecological Tours and ask for Marvin.

This is a great day out (far better value than the Cruise ship prices) and thoroughly recommend that you give it a try !

Hope you have a great day in Belize!

Belize is my favorite port! The Maya ruins are great and very interesting. The last time I went was 2 years ago. We hired a gentleman on the port to take us for the day. He took us to the ruins and the One Barrel Rum disstillery. You have to try this rum if you are a rum drinker. You can only get it in Belize. The people of Belize are great. This gentleman took us all over and showed us some of the main attractions. I wish I could remember his name. The point I'm trying to make is get going as early as possible,everything is spread out. The pharmacy gets real busy too.

Archived