Navigator pull out sofas

Hi.....

I am cruising Navigator of the Seas Jan 09 with 3 other ladies, and we have a balcony room for four with a queen bed and a pull out sofa.

Anyone slept on these? How comfortable/uncomfortable are they?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Minnjudy

Hi, Haven't been on Navigator, but we had a D1 balcony cabin on Voyager of the Seas last Sept. DH and I had the very comfortable queen sized bed, whilst our 2 daughters aged 11 and 14 shared the sofa bed. They certainly did not complain and seemed very happy. The sofa bed is a bit firmer than the queen bed, but quite a good size. I did read on another thread that if you want to make it a bit more comfortable you can request your steward to get you a " egg crate cover" ( not sure if I've used the right terminology) to go over the sofa bed. Hope you have a great cruise. We certainly did!:)

BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>

an 11 and 14 year old may not complain as much as my 50 year old friend.

Or they may complain more!:eek: Seriously I've read where adults have slept on the sofa beds and they are not that bad. If you find they aren't that comfortable ask for an egg crate topper. Maybe 1/2 way through the cruise you could ask for fresh sheets on the beds and the sofa then trade beds for the 2nd half of the trip. [Just an idea.]

I'm afraid your friend will complain...alot. On our last cruise since all of us (including my 12 year old who woke up with bad back pain) hated the sofa bed, so we decided to turn the queen bed into two twins and rotate the sofa bed. We asked for an egg crate and received a comforter type thing but not an egg crate mattress. It was still very uncomfortable.

Archived