Montego Bay vs. Ocho Rios

funkymander1

I'm looking at two itineraries, one stops at Montego Bay and the other stops at Ocho Rios. I don't know if this is coincidence or normal, however the itinerary to Ocho Rios was cheaper. What are the pros and cons to each port?

For me it's really a function of what you want to do in Jamaica... If you want to do Dunn's then Ocho is your best bet... If you want to go to Negril or party at the best of the Margaritavilles then you select Montego Bay... River rafting and zip lining are also very accessible through MoBay...

What were you considering???

I have been to both. In Ocho Rios, we went to Dunns River and horseback riding. That was our honeymoon. We really enjoyed both excursions. It's something to do once, I don't think I will do it again.

In Montego Bay, we went to an all-inclusive resort and got a day pass. It was a nice relaxing day at the beach, plenty of drinks and gorgeous water.

It really depends on what you want to do. Someting adventureous or relaxing. :)

• 2 years later...

Can we get an updated perspective on the Ocho vs. MoBay dilemma? Doing the first bit of research for cruise number 3, which always starts with the itinerary. Carnival Conquest has the same itinerary, same price, just swaps out Ocho and MoBay every other trip it seems. Wife and I are early 20's and like to drink and enjoy the scenery. Please give your reasons why you prefer one over the other if you don't mind. Thank you!

It was the hassle on getting back on the ship at Mo Bay that totally put us off. What a scrum. However we did a great private trip from there to Mayfield Falls which were much less crowded than Dunns River Falls.

Archived