Back from 1st Cruise ~ Legend ~ March 2 ~ From Cruise Virgin to Cruise Ho!!! LOL!!!

CBussey64

FYI, I know I didn't get any pics of him cave tubing in the caves - none of the pictures inside the caves turned out. I have one from outside the beginning of the caves and one at the end that turned out ok!

Did you read about the zip lining accident in Roatan this week?

Thanks Don, we haven't taken that camera in yet ... tell Karyn thanks, too ... hopefully there's some on there, even 1 for him. I really regret not going now and yes I did read about that accident ... how scary!!!! I'm such a chicken sh** anyway ... LOL!!!

You know what's sad, I don't even FEEL like I took a vacation, right back in the rat race!!! :cool:

March 3 ~ First Day At Sea

Needless to say I was up early to see the sunrise and take many photographs of it, even Robert got up early and we sat on the balcony and enjoyed every single moment together. There’s nothing quite like moments together alone on a balcony with the world passing you by and not a care in the world … no job, phones, internet, telephones, kids, drama, work … nothing. It was great.

We showered and headed up for breakfast. We did the Unicorn Café every morning. We did want to get to Truffles one morning but never made it. DH loves eggs benedict … but we enjoyed the Unicorn, the food was good, hot and the view, well that view would make ANY food taste good. Again, anything I don’t have to prep, cook and clean is good food for me.

I am, however, having a heck of a time at home looking out the back window and seeing GRASS and TREES and not gorgeous blue water passing by. Hmmm, wonder what we can do about that.

We really spent a lot of time exploring the ship, checking everything out … hanging out on our balcony and just relaxing.

Met up for lunch and sat with Don & Karyn and this is when Robert apologized. The “drinks being pushed in your face” from the moment you embark got to him … I assumed that after nearly 3 years of sobriety he could handle it, but it really bothered him. So he explained to Don & Karyn and me that was why he put in his Zune to tune out the waiters and he admitted having difficulty with that. I was proud of his honesty and now fully understood what was going on. He discovered the AA meetings onboard and attended one that day … and the next 2 … after the first meeting (5 people) it dwindled to 2 and then none, but by then he was okay again. I’m personally thankful they do have the Friends of Bill W. onboard.

We goofed off the afternoon … relaxation was our main goal.

We did play miniature golf and it was fun ... also took a nap (it was a regular thing daily and something we never get to do at home)!!!

Getting ready for the first formal dinner was fun!!!! I have never seen him in a tux and he has never seen me glammed up … after 18 years … so that was great. I felt like a princess putting on my formal gown, my makeup, my hair and those God Forsaken heels (I hate shoes) and then he got dressed and OH MY GOD … nothing like seeing someone in new eyes after all these years. He looked great!!!!

We headed downstairs and took tons of photo’s … I had planned at least $300 on formal photo’s, because where else can you get formal settings and pictures for 21.00 for a 8x10? I had huge difficulty in throwing away the ones we chose not to get … even though they weren’t “perfect” I hate tossing pictures. We had fun with that.

Met up with Don & Karyn yet again in line and chit chatted. Then to our booth. We ended up in a booth for 2, which was fine as we hadn’t seen one another much and looked forward to some alone time to reconnect.

Oh yeah we did have the prime rib and the lobster. Don’t know how people eat more than 1 lobster if they do the prime rib, I was stuffed by the time it even rolled around. But it was very good. Robert loves his beef rare and tender and he had absolutely no complaints. I like mine medium well (which sometimes ends up tough) and mine was cooked to perfection and very tender. No complaints here from ANY of the food at any time.

After dinner we headed to Follies to watch a show, saw JAZZ HOT and it was good. The two female performers are amazing. Wonder why they don’t have a record label anywhere, voices that reach right into your soul. Very Excellent. By then my shoes were off and we headed back to our room. Robert told me that he thought I looked so beautiful. That really capped off the night and I’ll leave it at that!!!! ;-)!!!!

Just a note: Never saw any chair hogs or had problem with that; never really smelled smoke either (and I am sensitive to that odor). The pizza, hot dogs and hamburgers as well as the grill for sandwiches are to die for as is the 24 hour ice cream .... even with the Spring Breakers, it wasn't wild, no kids running everywhere either. People were genuinely nice and I wish I could say I had ONE but I have absolutely NO complaints on this ship, the crew, the food, the passengers, nothing. It also never felt like there were that many passengers, the only time I encountered "crowds" was during the busiest lunch time, so we just altered ours to either a bit earlier or later than "norm" and it was fine. Even when it was a busy time, the lines moved fairly quickly.

2341626270102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

First hour on board .... in awe of everything!!!!

2154389140102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

One of my FOUR whole drinks during the cruise (consumed while DH was in his meeting ... :-O) I wanted that coconut head BADLY!!! The drink stank though and was actually tossed.

2287280860102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

The Enchanted Forest ~ This was my most favorite place to relax ... saw 2 people come through the whole time I was there ... very peaceful!!!

2451912440102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

RODEO DRIVE BABY!!!!

2071534220102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

I actually liked the urns. Never found them dark or depressing at all.

2020857140102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

We did spend alot of time vegging on the balcony!!!!

2444523530102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

The sunsets and sunrises are amazing!!!! Each one was different and so beautiful.

2083304320102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Indian Pumpkin Soup .... AMAZING!!! Yeah I like a "little" pepper here and there can you tell?

2897291890102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Oyster appetizer that hubby had, can't remember what it was ... Rockefeller maybe? From his reaction it was good though!!!!

2505067030102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Formal Night #1 Dinner ~ We did Prime Rib & Lobster, this was my Prime Rib (medium well) VERY TENDER; DH had his bleeding and also raved about it.

2467691000102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

The Turf ~ Very Good!!! Of course DH had already dug in and I had to stop him, there were 4 shrimp there. :p

2952304470102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Cherries Jubilee

2658956650102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

My nightly cappuccino ... LOVED IT!!!

2306107360102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Medusa's Lair (Disco) ... Music stank (Ok, it wasn't MY taste) but loved the decor.

I like my caption better! LOL!!!

Your pics are great!

OH MY GOD that's hilarious, I'm printing that one out with your caption for our scrapbook.

Well there's over 700 that I didn't put in webshots!!! LOL!!!

What kind of music did they play in the disco???

Lovin' the pix so far......keep 'em coming!!!!

Well I'm not sure what it was exactly, because it sounded like "today's stuff" that my kids listen to ... does that narrow it down? LOL!!! I couldn't recognize any lyrics and it wasn't anything I listen to ... but then again after late 80's music (MY OPINION) just wasn't as good as it was. I'm sorry it's not more narrowed down. :D

Colorado,

We don't leave for our first cruise until October but I read every review whether it is on the ship we are sailing or not. I am enjoying your review. I am glad you posted the balcony pic it is the first one I have seen. We decided on a balcony after seeing the ships come into port in P.V. Mexico in December. There was not even a second thought of any other room for us. Glad you had such a great time on the ship. I see you are now an official "Monkey Head". Too bad the drink was not good. Only one question. When is your next cruise?

Colorado,

We were on that cruise with you, deflowered virgins now as well. I agree with you. It was a great cruise, great time, and great food. Depression got the best of us and we are now booked on the Splendor next April. Can't wait to see if it can live up to the fabulous time we had on the Legend. It's going to hard to beat Roatan, what a beautiful place. :)

My husband is not big into cruising so since we've been married we have only been on 3. I am taking one with the girlfriends in October on the Destiny. I would almost like to change to this ship based on your review. It sounds great. Keep it coming.

Colorado,

We were on that cruise with you, deflowered virgins now as well. I agree with you. It was a great cruise, great time, and great food. Depression got the best of us and we are now booked on the Splendor next April. Can't wait to see if it can live up to the fabulous time we had on the Legend. It's going to hard to beat Roatan, what a beautiful place. :)

We're actually thinking of spending a week in Roatan with another couple or two we know ... it's not that expensive and we fell in love with it.

The rest is coming I PROMISE, I just work so much and have a hard time fitting it all in. FORGIVE ME!!!

I thought the buffet food was pretty good ... again, when I'm not prepping, cooking, cleaning it's GOOD. Some things were better than others but I always found something.

The hamburger / hot dogs, etc were very good as was the pizza and I loved the 24 hr ice cream.

As for the layout, I get lost no matter what I do ... it took me a few days to know where I was, but that's just me. So it's hard to say if it was a good or not so good layout. But even getting lost, I had a blast checking everything out.

I didn't notice any smokey smells and I'm really sensitive ... no huge crowds most of the time, no chair hogs ... no noisy neighbors ...no nosy ones either ... LOL!!!

I found all the staff to be wonderful and professional.

Dinner Club is a MUST MUST MUST!!!! Next time I might do it more than once.

I really can't come up with ONE bad thing about the cruise, or the legend. I'll rack my brain (LOL) but I can't. It was the most amazing ship for a first cruise.

More review tonight ...

Well I'm not sure what it was exactly, because it sounded like "today's stuff" that my kids listen to ... does that narrow it down? LOL!!! I couldn't recognize any lyrics and it wasn't anything I listen to ... but then again after late 80's music (MY OPINION) just wasn't as good as it was. I'm sorry it's not more narrowed down. :D

That's all I need to know....looks like I won't be frequenting the disco!!

Thanks!!

Your review is a breath of fresh air on these boards. I can't wait for the next segment. We will have our first OV in Nov. You make me want to be a balcony snob. Are you guys nurses? That schedule you're working sounds familiar!!! Love love love the pics, keep'em coming. You did look so pretty in your formal wear!

Hi Connie,

Thanks for the reviews, I can tell you are addicted! I can feel the excitement as you describe everyhting. I love it!

We are going on the Legend next March (my 9th cruise) Do you have any more photos of the ship? We are also taking our 5 year old (his 3rd cruise) By any chance, do you have photos of Camp CArnival or the kids pool?

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback.

Archived