Back from 1st Cruise ~ Legend ~ March 2 ~ From Cruise Virgin to Cruise Ho!!! LOL!!!

CBussey64

Hi Connie,

Thanks for the reviews, I can tell you are addicted! I can feel the excitement as you describe everyhting. I love it!

We are going on the Legend next March (my 9th cruise) Do you have any more photos of the ship? We are also taking our 5 year old (his 3rd cruise) By any chance, do you have photos of Camp CArnival or the kids pool?

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback.

If you send me your email I'll send the others of the ship, they're at home ... and no, sorry, our kids are grown so didn't go to Camp Carnival or the kiddie pool. But I think you'll LOVE the ship. It's taken nearly a month to get over my PCD ... Post Cruise Depression!!! And you know what's sad, my stepdaughter just called off her wedding and I asked husband that when he gets his part of the wedding money back can we book another one NOW!!! LOL!!! That's bad!!! :p

Tuesday, March 4, 2007

Grand Cayman

What an awesome morning. I awoke during the night to find just out our balcony in the near distance ~ another ship all lit up and then looking to my left I could see another in the distance. What a beautiful site, so beautiful I kept waking up to see them and where they were … woke Robert up, too … no wonder I need a vacation to recover (catch up on sleep).

Again, I felt like a kid at Christmas as this was the first time to tender as well. We got up early and I took pictures (of course) because one of the most amazing things I wanted to see this whole trip was the sunrises and the sunsets.

We headed up to the Unicorn for breakfast … and again, the food was good, it was decent … hot and fresh although the menu didn’t vary much for breakfast, who cares, you’re on vacation.

Headed down to tender out to the Island. We were a bit confused as we had never done this, all I knew about it was what I learned on www.cruisecritic.com over the last year. And very thankful for that.

Tendering wasn’t difficult at all, the lines were long though and I tend to get impatient and hot easily. Bad trait!!!! We got on the tender and shortly thereafter were off to see the wizard.

We had not booked any excursions for Grand Cayman, were just going to play the first one by ear and see what there was. We walked up and down, checked out the shops, the shoreline … then when we got back from down the road we saw a tour for $30 per person to go around the island and said what the heck and did it. It was a nice, air-conditioned bus and the driver was friendly and informative. Had a bunch of Canadians on though and they weren’t very friendly, but oh well, not letting them ruin my vacation.

We saw the Governor’s mansion, the resorts, the beaches. Stopped for a while at the beach and Robert bought is “Panama Jack Vacation Hat”. Which I think is quite debonair!!! LOL!!!

When we got back I was still searching for trinkets for the kids and by then I was hot, thirsty, getting hungry and then what usually follows ~ getting crabby. So we headed back to the tender to go back to the ship. Put our stuff in the cabin and went up to the Unicorn for something cold to drink and a light lunch. Then nap time. We opened up the doors to the balcony, and rested … which led to a nap (which would become routine) … between the waves and the oh so comfortable bedding, napping was an easy easy think to start doing.

We woke up around sixish and started getting ready for dinner …

As usual, no complaints with dinner, great wait staff. The only annoying thing with our eating (late) was across the aisle was a table of about 9 20’ish spring break females … oh the drama each night. LOL!!!

After dinner we wandered the ship, we were always amazed at everything. Took in a late piece of pizza on the top deck ... very romantic ... and then caught this hilarious comedian. We were rolling.

Our night ended with the door open, listening to the waves as we drifted off to the best sleep we’ve had in forever.

2969116810102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Our Towel Animal!!!!

2899668890102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

2 Ships Passing In The Night (An Amazing Sight)

2415214120102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Early Morning ... My favorite time to roam the ship!!!!

2010217640102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Another Early Morning View of the Ship!!!!

2736065360102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Sunrise over Grand Cayman!!!! Takes Your Breath Away!!!!

2016319380102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

2778016860102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Robert enjoying that first cuban cigar (and by far wasn't his last!!!) :rolleyes:

2252472800102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Banana Trees (All I could think of was how many tarantulas must be inhabiting these trees ... :eek: !!!!)

2925663010102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

HELL!!! And they sent us back ... :confused:

2078508410102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Hall with Legends on the Wall ... Very interesting to see and figure out who everybody was.

2261428320102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

French Onion Soup

2534107730102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Sushi Appetizer (VERY GOOD)

2856120650102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail

2909336220102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Steak, Med Rare and Very Good According to Husband!!!

2246173180102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Caribbean Pork Dish the Waiter recommended ... he said it was spicy, but I didn't find it to be spicy, although it was delicious!!!

2477597320102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheese Sampler for desert, AWESOME. Also try the one in the supper club, it's amazing (and huge)...we did not take pics at the supper club, although I wish I would have.

2192519590102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Strawberry Cheesecake, I thought it tasted ok but Robert didn't like it because it wasn't all that sweet. Guess it's a matter of taste.

2289638470102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Nightly Towel Animal!!!!

And OOPS, I made a mistake on my review, this was not the Panama Jack Hat Day, that was Cozumel. Forgive Me!!! :p

And it's taking me forever to post it huh? LOL!!! You know I'm learning things from my postings, like what I wish I would've done that I didn't and that's good, means there'll just HAVE to be another cruise to do all that.

And then another one after that and so on down the line, yeah I'm addicted!!!!

Glad you're enjoying it, will try to do Cozumel later on today ... I'm at work (as usual!!!!)

I'm loving your review and pictures! We loved the Legend when we cruised last year and have return trips planned for this year. Your pictures are taking me back! It's nice to have a little "virtual cruise" when you aren't on the real thing! :p

For our first cruise, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ship, I know I have nothing to compare it to, but when you have spent months on these boards and read the bad reviews (as well as the good) you're a little apprehensive. I'd take this ship again!!! Right now I'd take any ship again!!! LOL!!!

Connie, I was so happy to find some more of your review and wonderful pictures today. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this so us cruise addicts can get our fix while waitng to cruise.

Sorry about the canceled wedding--better now than later--but yeehaw for the extra cruise bucks!!!

Looking forward to more when you have time.

Thank you so very much for the review (it's like a soap opera, waiting for the next installment!!) and all the pictures, I love them!!

I'm going with 2 friends last week of May, and we're already starting to pack, we just can't wait!!

Keep it coming, this is so great!

Hey Colorado,

Is this the address of the hotel you stayed in?

Holiday Inn Express Tampa - Rocky Point Island

3025 North Rocky Point Drive, Tampa, FL 33607

Yes, that's the one we stayed in before the cruise, but not after. I liked it, we had no issues there whatsoever.

Thank you so very much for the review (it's like a soap opera, waiting for the next installment!!) and all the pictures, I love them!!

I'm going with 2 friends last week of May, and we're already starting to pack, we just can't wait!!

Keep it coming, this is so great!

I'm off tomorrow (THANK GOD) and MAYBE Wednesday so hoping I can get the majority of it posted then. Thank you for being so patient. :p

Your review is a breath of fresh air on these boards. I can't wait for the next segment. We will have our first OV in Nov. You make me want to be a balcony snob. Are you guys nurses? That schedule you're working sounds familiar!!! Love love love the pics, keep'em coming. You did look so pretty in your formal wear!

Huh? I was looking forward to seeing pics of you in your formal wear, but if you posted them, I missed them...

March 1, 2008

We landed at a little before 6 a.m. on Saturday. We had reservations at Holiday Inn Express Suites Rocky Point, and although we requested early check in, knew that it wouldn’t be ready THIS early.

After we collected our luggage and rental car we headed out … this was our first time in Florida so we were enjoying the scenery and frankly just each other. I work 12 hour days, he 12 hour nights and we had both been doing a TON of overtime so hadn’t seen much of one another.

We drove to Clearwater and Robert saw that the Yankees and Phillies were playing that afternoon … spring training, well Robert is a die hard Yankee fan. So found out when tickets were going on sale and he went up to wait. I napped in the car. He came back a short time later with 1st base front row tickets, he was THRILLED. We drove to HIEX and were able to check in, which we did … unloaded our luggage and enjoyed the continental breakfast they provide. Then headed back to the Phillies stadium.

It was warm and sunny and I did not put on sunblock … so needless to say got a bit red, but no biggie, by the 4th inning I went up and bought some sunscreen … and then the fans starting walking in front of our seats (one lady actually slid into the guys seat next to us like a slide) to get autographs, darn near stepping on 1,000 worth of camera gear, and my husband and the father of one of these kids started verbally exchanging words … but in the end we left 7th inning and headed back to our hotel where we unpacked, showered, changed and chilled.

That night was the Cruise Critic get together, so we mosied down and met up with Jodie and her husband Tom and finally after nearly a year of corresponding Don & Karyn. The get together didn’t last long as they all headed their ways for dinner and we ordered pizza … a medium which looked extra large and dripped grease … but it was good … okay at this point Weight Watchers went totally OUT THE WINDOW!!! Anxiously we went to bed because I could not wait for the next morning … could not wait for our first cruise.

thanks for your reviews!! we are cruising on the Legend in June and can't wait. you mentioned that you got a rental car? did you return it the day of your cruise? we are looking to rent a car so we don't have to get a taxi everywhere, but then don't want to have to pay for a taxi all the way back from the airport. any advice would be appreciated. thanks!!

To respond to Als Gal question about the rental car, I came across what I think to be the best option based upon a post I read on one of these boards. Budget has a location that will shuttle you to the port from their Brandon location (just east of downtown and the Cruise Port).

What you have to do is set up your rental to pick up at the airport and drop off in Brandon at the Brandon Hotel and Convention Center (location code T8A), or visa versa if you are renting after the cruise. There is no drop off charge for picking up and dropping off at different locations in Tampa.

They do charge $10 per group for the shuttle ride, but that is cheaper than the $22 taxi ride from the airport. Plus you don't have to haul luggage from the rental car area to the taxi stand at the airport and you don't have to deal with traffic around the airport more than necessary.

This is the option we went for since we wanted to spend our before and after cruise time at the beach instead of downtown. We are spending a couple of extra days on the back end in addition to getting their the day before to reduce the risk of airline delays creating an issue (coming from Oklahoma).

Archived