Poolside or beachside in Grand Turk?

FunandSunPeeps

We're going to be on the 4 day Carribbean Princess cruise at the end of April to Grand Turk/Princess Cays. Has anyone been to Govenor's Beach? Just trying to figure out if we should hangout at the Margaritavilla pool or would the beach be a better way to spend the time. Maybe do both!

I'd vote for the pool @ Margaritaville but get there quick and grab a couple of beds on the far side away from the bar area as it get's a bit manic. The beach is nice but there were too many stones for my liking.

Grand Turk is a little dry spit of land. Not much to do there at all. People seemed to be having a good time at the Margaritaville pool and it is probably an ok choice. If we ended up there again, it would be a nice quiet day on the ship for us.

What ever you do, don't waste money on a shore excursion on Grand Turk.

We were in Grand Turk in Aug. '08 and a bunch of us took a taxi to Govenor's Beach. It was so beautiful and unspoiled, you could rent a lounge chair for $5 I think it was. Not sure if they have done any more to it since then, but as you can see in the picture below the water is delightful:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2928515880014545039rkepWp.

The pool and beach at the pier looked crowded, but Governer's Beach was not. We stopped at Margaritavilla to do a little shoping on the way back to the ship.

sue

We did Grand Turk in August. If you want a bar by the beach, get off of the ship, walk down the pier and when you hit the beach, take a left. Go past all of the beach chairs and you'll come to a little house that is actually a bar/restaurant. It's owned and operated by an American couple that loved the island and decided to stay. They also have some beach toys that you can use. The couple is very friendly and the place is not crowded and the beautiful beach is right there. The pool is pretty, but it's loud and crazy.

I was in Grand Turk last July, I had wanted to go to Governor's beach, the cab driver thought I would like the beach at Bohio Dive Resort better, I DID!! It was so beautiful, and quiet....after a couple of hours he picked us up and I went back to spend a little time at Margaritaville. It was nice that I did both, but after I got back to Margaritaville I had wished I had stayed at the beach longer...On the way back he took me into the parking lot area of Governor's, just so I could see it, and I was glad he suggested Bohio.... It was very pretty too, but Bohio was nicer....

Archived