Booking next cruise while onboard??

Paco24

What are the advantages of booking onboard? Going on Freedom in November, would like to do Europe Nov 2009- what kind of perks do you get??

Depends on the length of the sailing you are planning to book. We just booked onboard the AOS for next year, and we received a $100 onboard credit for a 7 night sailing.

The longer the cruise, the higher the onboard credit. As far as I know, the onboard credit is the only real "perk" you get for booking onboard.

We are going at the end of the month, leaving Nov 30th for my husbands 50th! Taking our son and daughter in law. First cruise for them! Enjoy yours! I am jealous that you get to go sooner than me!!

The only advantage of booking (depositing) on a new cruise while you're on a cruise is an onboard credit for your next cruise. The amount varies by the number of days. I believe cruises 5 nights or less get a $50 on board credit (OBC), 6 - 9 nights get a $100 OBC, and any cruise over 10 days gets you a $200 onboard credit.

What are the advantages of booking onboard? Going on Freedom in November, would like to do Europe Nov 2009- what kind of perks do you get??

Does the onboard credit vary on the type of cabin booked? Also do you have to book a specific date and ship? TIA

No - you can book any cabin type from an inside to the RS and still receive the same onboard credit amount. The credit amount will change only if the number of days you are planning to sail changes.

Does the onboard credit vary on the type of cabin booked? Also do you have to book a specific date and ship? TIA

The amount of OBC is determined only by the length of the cruise. You do not have to pick a specific cruise when you do Next Cruise. Whenever you find a cruise you want, just give your Next Cruise booking number.

The amount of OBC is determined only by the length of the cruise. You do not have to pick a specific cruise when you do Next Cruise. Whenever you find a cruise you want, just give your Next Cruise booking number.

With the Next Cruise programme,you now also get 2 certificates to give to Family/friends and if they book the cruise within 30 days of you booking yours, they get the OBC as well. Just paid 2 more Next Cruise deposits last week whilst onboard the Mariner and received 4 certificates, also another thing, when booking a Next Cruise, only put ONE person on the form and you only pay $100 deposit per booking. :)

There are two ways to book on board: Next Cruise Program and Regular Booking. Both ways give you the same on board credit. The Next Cruise Program requires a $100 per person deposit. The Regular requires a $250 per person deposit (but you can book just one person). The Regular allows you to change to Celebrity, if you wish. The Next Cruise program demands that you declare either RCI or Celebrity. Once you declare with the Next Cruise Program, you cannot change lines.

Thanks for all of the info!!! My husband would KILL me if he knew I am already planning to book a cruise before we are even ON the cruise that we are doing first!!!! Am I "CRUISIFYING Him" by planning so far in advance!! LOL Hey , I like that term!!!!

I'm planning to book a cruise onboard for the first time. I'm not sure yet if I want 7 night Alaska or 10 night Panama Canal. If I use Next Cruise assuming that I'll book a 7 night cruise I know the obc will be $100. However, if when I actually book the cruise I book a 10 night Panama Canal instead, will I get the higher obc for the longer cruise, or will the obc remain at $100?

Archived