Flights out of San Juan-Adv of the Seas

Hey can anyone tell me if a 9:40am or 11:30 am flight out of San Juan on the last day of cruising is going to be a good choice?

How hectic is deboarding? Will there be enough time to get to the airport?

I really don't want to rush.

I just got off the Adventure on Feb. 24. To tell you the truth personally I don't think you will make a 9:40 flight. They would let people get off the ship at 8:00 AM. We were in the first group and we didn't step off the ship until 8:30 AM. We had a 2:30 flight and we were there for ever!! Getting from the ship to the airport was very easy and quick. Which ever flight you chose have Royal Caribbean take your bags from the ship to the airport. They will print your boarding pass and give you luggage tags. Once you get to the airport all you do is go to your gate. I also recommend booking transfers. Then you don't have to worry about getting to the airport. The bus is there and waiting!!And you will make a 11:30 flight!

We just got off the ship this past sunday and it was after 8:30am before they even started to call for getting off. Once you get off you have to find your luggage (even if you have RCCL taking your luggage to the airport) and then do customs (which all you do is hand over your slip to an agent). Even still you would never make it on time. The airport is a good 15-20 mins and we had a taxi driver who had no clue on where to drop us off. DH and I were flying out on NWA and DS and his GF were on AA. He dropped us off at the first doors and we had to drag luggage half way down the concoarse. It only took about 10 mins to check into NWA, so it really wouldn't be worth the $80 to do the RCCL checkin for us (it cost $20 pp for them to check you in).

Archived