Blue Mountain Coffee

bnsilly

Everyone keeps raving about this coffee....

Do any of you know if you can buy it in the port area of MoBay where you are still protected, etc?

There is a shop there in the port building that sells several brands of coffee. We bought a few different types and they all taste similar and all very smooth!!

We usually look for the Jablum brand. There's more expensive brands and their are less expensive brands. However, the less expensive may be questionable as to whether or not they are 100% blue mountain. At a shop close to port you'll probably pay in the range of $22 to $28 per pound, although, like everything else, coffee has gone up in price lately. People have found it in local grocery stores for less, but that can be more of an adventure than picking it up at the port shops.

Mike

We were in Montego Bay, Jamaica 3/5/08 and I purchased Blue Mountain Coffee for $18 per pound at the shop next to the pier. It was a little more expensive inside the terminal. Even if I could get it cheaper in town at a store I'm not going to walk around Jamaica looking for it. I can't remember the brand I purchased but it is really good!

Blue Mountain Coffee is great. I have some here, albeit I buy it locally when I have not been to Jamaica in a while. It is very mellow, so much so that people think it is weak. It's not.

Best way I have found to get the best flavor out of it is to buy whole beans that are fresh, grind them fine, use a French Press, wet them with hot water for a few minutes then let them soak for three minutes. I think that's the perfect cup of coffee, but I don't like super robust coffee.

Most shops that deal with tourists sell it. I seem to remember fifteen dollars a pound for the cheaper stuff. I pay twenty here (Local roaster) and consider it a bargain.

Archived