If you have already sailed, have you received your fuel surcharge refund yet?

I read through the big big thread about the refunds.

To my understanding, if you booked prior to 11/16/07 and were not paid in full by that date, you were charged the fuel surcharge and are now due a refund if you have already sailed.

We booked 3/31/07, and on 11/16/07, we had a balance due of $50, which became $120 due to the fuel surcharge for our sailing on 2/10/08.

I see that several people who have not sailed yet are seeing the charges being removed from their balance due, etc...

So, my question is: If you are like us, and have already sailed and are due a refund, have you received it yet? I realize this is an accounting nightmare on RCI's side, and could take a while to sort out, so I don't expect it soon, but I am curious if others are seeing a refund yet.

It's not that we need the money, $70 won't even fill up the SUV, I just don't want to be "forgotten"--if that makes sense.....

I read through the big big thread about the refunds.

To my understanding, if you booked prior to 11/16/07 and were not paid in full by that date, you were charged the fuel surcharge and are now due a refund if you have already sailed.

We booked 3/31/07, and on 11/16/07, we had a balance due of $50, which became $120 due to the fuel surcharge for our sailing on 2/10/08.

I see that several people who have not sailed yet are seeing the charges being removed from their balance due, etc...

So, my question is: If you are like us, and have already sailed and are due a refund, have you received it yet? I realize this is an accounting nightmare on RCI's side, and could take a while to sort out, so I don't expect it soon, but I am curious if others are seeing a refund yet.

It's not that we need the money, $70 won't even fill up the SUV, I just don't want to be "forgotten"--if that makes sense.....

Here's what's been reported: "Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises will contact consumers eligible for refunds and must report to the Attorney General’s Office on the status of refunds within 30 days."

We are sailing on May 28th. Final payment has been made. I am currently showing a balance of -$70.00.

Tim

You should receive an OBC if you paid already. From the news release:

"Under the agreements signed today, all consumers who were retroactively charged a fuel supplement will be refunded the full cost of the surcharge. Consumers who have not yet sailed will receive their refund as an on-board credit. In the future, the cruise lines must also ensure clear and conspicuous disclosure of any fuel supplement charges at the time the reservations are made, as well as in their advertisements."

No refund yet...I wasn't expecting it to come quickly...We sailed Liberty 2/9, so we should be getting a refund.

We booked through TA, so I believe from what I've read on here

that TA will be responsible for doing the refund as TA had my original

method of payment.

We sailed at the end of Feb and since the announcement just came two days ago, we don't expect to see the refund until atleast May or June. I don't think it is possible to get the refunds mailed to several thousand cruisers in the span of 48 hours.:confused: We have however seen the negative total on the reservation for or April cruise and assume that means an obc for that cruise. We also have looked at our reservation for Oct. and the fuel surcharge (on a cruise we booked a year ago) has been removed.

No refund yet...I wasn't expecting it to come quickly...We sailed Liberty 2/9, so we should be getting a refund.

We booked through TA, so I believe from what I've read on here

that TA will be responsible for doing the refund as TA had my original

method of payment.

The refund will not come thru the TA it will come directly from RCCL to your acct.

The refund will not come thru the TA it will come directly from RCCL to your acct.

I spoke to my TA yesterday (Cruise Brothers) and they told me that THEY would be issuing the credit of $70.00 to the original form of payment. I specifically asked if RCL would be crediting the account and they told me no...It would be from them.

Sailed 2/4/08 on the majesty, paid FC, and haven't recieved anything (notification nor refund $$) from Rccl. Btw, I refused my logo gift, so they better give me my lousy $$$ back:D :p only joking ( believe me it Was Not! about the money. It will be donated, as having been suggested, promise!

Also booked 10/30/07 ( a good 2 full weeks before the FC notice) for the Mariner, paid deposit, (I know, we have not p-i-f yet) but it still shows amount still owing for the FC.

Wonder if they remove it according to the day/time you booked or something:confused:

Archived