Ziplining Question

beach410

I have no port in particular in mind, but the one I see most reviews for is in Belize. It looks awesome and I hear its thrilling. But how scary is it? I am afraid I am going to get to the platform and then chicken out. Are there any tours that offer smaller, lower runs?

I have no port in particular in mind, but the one I see most reviews for is in Belize. It looks awesome and I hear its thrilling. But how scary is it? I am afraid I am going to get to the platform and then chicken out. Are there any tours that offer smaller, lower runs?

Have zipped in Hawaii and Jamaica, however, not Belize. They aren't that bad. The one in Jamaica had a longer cord but the one in Hawaii had a faster cord. We liked them both. Give it a try, they are very safe and aren't that bad. GO FOR IT.:D

i have a question about zip lining. my brother, sister and i are on the legend leaving 3/30. my brother is getting a cast off his foot the week before and is going to be in a walking boot thing. what does ziplining entail? ladder climbs? how high? i only kinda understand what you do...

there are multiple lines when you do it? im kinda clueless

thanks for any help

i have a question about zip lining. my brother, sister and i are on the legend leaving 3/30. my brother is getting a cast off his foot the week before and is going to be in a walking boot thing. what does ziplining entail? ladder climbs? how high? i only kinda understand what you do...

there are multiple lines when you do it? im kinda clueless

thanks for any help

I went ziplining in Roatan while cruising the Legend. On this trip, a bus driver took us to the top of a "mountain / hill" and you walked maybe 50 feet from the bus to the starting point. Since we were already at the top, the walk was on level ground. Each run took us to a platform in the treetops and you would get unhooked and walk to the other end of the platform to get hooked up for the next run. These platforms were only 10 or 12 feet long, so very little walking. We had a blast and it was the highlight excursion of the cruise.

I went ziplining in Roatan while cruising the Legend. On this trip, a bus driver took us to the top of a "mountain / hill" and you walked maybe 50 feet from the bus to the starting point. Since we were already at the top, the walk was on level ground. Each run took us to a platform in the treetops and you would get unhooked and walk to the other end of the platform to get hooked up for the next run. These platforms were only 10 or 12 feet long, so very little walking. We had a blast and it was the highlight excursion of the cruise.

i plan to do this in wither roatan or belize. can you tell me the name of the company you used and whether it was a private or ship sponsored excursion?

thanks.

we chose the Carnival excursion that also included the Tabyana Beach. The Legend leaves Roatan pretty early, so we just felt more comfortable spending the extra money so Carnival knew where we were.

Belize is second in our experience only to St. Lucia. The lines really aren't frightening at all and the guides in Belize were spectacular! I'd recommend using a private company to arrange the zips though instead of the ship as you group will be smaller (My husband and I were the only ones...with 2 guides!). Your experience will be much more comfortable this way. This was my first zip line experience and I do have a healthy fear of heights! They made me feel totally comfortable and we had a blast! Go for it!

we chose the Carnival excursion that also included the Tabyana Beach. The Legend leaves Roatan pretty early, so we just felt more comfortable spending the extra money so Carnival knew where we were.

We just came back from Roatann, and we used a small company off the street, it was the highlight of my husbands cruise also, the guide stayed with them, and took photos every step ogf the way.

thank you

Belize is second in our experience only to St. Lucia. The lines really aren't frightening at all and the guides in Belize were spectacular! I'd recommend using a private company to arrange the zips though instead of the ship as you group will be smaller (My husband and I were the only ones...with 2 guides!). Your experience will be much more comfortable this way. This was my first zip line experience and I do have a healthy fear of heights! They made me feel totally comfortable and we had a blast! Go for it!

Thanks for the info, who did you use in Belize?

Hi,

My husband and I did the zip line/cave tubing combo in Belize. Cave tubing I would pass on. Zip lining was awesome. My husband is very afraid of height and he really enjoyed it. The first climb is the worst but after that you are going from tree to tree with an option of repelling down on the last stand to the ground. There was a woman in our group who was 62 years old and was saying that her grandchildren would never believe that she went. I would highly recommend it. We booked thru a private group called shore trips.com . It was a great day!!!

I agree! We went on the same excursion when we were on the Valor and loved it! We are considering on doing in on our next cruise in San Juan!

We just returned from the Legend, went to Belize and Roatan. My wife, who's afraid of heights, booked the Jungle Canopy/Tabayana Beach excursion through Carnival. She LOVED the zip lining, although she said she was sore in her upper body later (she has shoulder/arm issues anyway). She thought it was the best thing she did out of all four ports and wants to do it again.

Where are you zip lining in Jamaica?? Would love the website if you have one please.

I researched the private companies when we went to Jamaica and they didn't offer more than 2 ziplines and one was over an open area. :rolleyes: Not much fun if you ask me, so we went with the ship tour (which was only $20 more) and it was awesome. We had 7 or 8 ziplines through jungle/forest and we felt very safe. It was our first time doing it and it was a rush. It was quite a bumpy walk down to the first platform (about 10 minutes) but after the ziplines the 15-20 minute walk back to the bus was very flat. Our group only consisted of 12, so there wasn't a lot of people or it didn't feel like it anyway.

We just returned from the Legend, went to Belize and Roatan. My wife, who's afraid of heights, booked the Jungle Canopy/Tabayana Beach excursion through Carnival. She LOVED the zip lining, although she said she was sore in her upper body later (she has shoulder/arm issues anyway). She thought it was the best thing she did out of all four ports and wants to do it again.

We are considering ziplining in Costa Rica but I am of a "larger size" about 240lbs. Did you notice anyone of "larger size" zipping? I dont want to get there and be told I'm too big for it.

We are considering ziplining in Costa Rica but I am of a "larger size" about 240lbs. Did you notice anyone of "larger size" zipping? I dont want to get there and be told I'm too big for it.

If I remember correctly I think they have an extra upper body harness. My husband had one... I will try to find pics and send them ;)

I did it with some CC'ers I met on the roll call in Costa Rica. It was really frickin high, and scared the snot out of me. But I'm kind of a weenie. My husband and the others loved it. It was 8 platforms and 10 lines. Started up I think they said something horrifying like 7800 ft. :D But I made it. I'm glad I did it...even though I prayed the whole time.

As for chickening out, you really can't. I was shaking so horribly...I made myself go before my husband, so he could push me if I tried. Once you make it off that first platform, there is NO turning back...so you're done.

GOOD LUCK and have fun!

l_e98d176605241841515c12fb1012a4b3.jpg.8e1bd6ec7eb8e9bad58cca67ce20a8e6.jpg

l_5bc06724178bbab9587780b93d2fa86c.jpg.63a8127b3414f2b824cafc982daccbeb.jpg

In Belize and St. Lucia, everyone in the group (from 90 lbs to 250 lbs) were placed in the upper and lower harnesses. We all fit comfortably and had a great time. As for Antigua (which can only be booked through the ship), the "fat" people are placed in upper harnesses while the "skinny" ones are not. (I was the only one on our excursion in the former group and felt really uncomfortable...) So, I'd say avoid Antigua if you don't want to be singled-out in the crowd for weighing more...

Also, that company who's website is referrenced above in Belize is NOT the same one offered by shoretrips dot com. In Belize, we never zipped though caves, rock ledges, etc., just beautiful jungle near the Jaguar Paw Resort.

Archived