Questions about Moby Dick tour

ShedQueen77

We haven't booked this tour yet because Mark doesn't have the cruise ship schedule update from the port authority for January 09 yet (I emailed and tried to book already). We want to book when we are able to though, but I've got a few questions.

We're only in port from 7am-2pm (Inspiration). If we get on the 9:00am tour are we going to have enough time to make it worthwhile, taking tendering into consideration? I don't want to have to participate in a mad dash to tender, especially since tendering is a new experience for all of us.

The website says that they offer snorkeling at a shallow barrier reef after the stingray interaction. My kids are pretty young and aren't inclined to snorkeling. Is this an area that can also just be enjoyed as a typical beach trip as well? Like lounging on a towel on shore or swimming?

Lastly: Pictures. It's my understanding that you bring your own equipment and take your own photos; they do not have a photographer or anything on board? I think that's great, as I can easily afford a few water cameras, but are they willing to help you take pictures? I'd like some family shots but as usual, I'd be behind the camera! ;)

Thanks!

We are also thinking of taking this cruise, so any information will be appreciated. We will be arriving at 7:30am on the Voyager of the Seas and Mark says that the first tour will be going out at 8:30am. Will I have enough time to make it for the first tour?

My husband and I went to stingray city with Moby Dick on Feb. 19/08, and had a great time! Our ship was on eastern time, and the first tender was at 7am (8am local time) and the tour left at 9am local time and we had lots of time to locate Moby Dick, and even walked around for about 30 minutes looking at nearby shops until we had to meet back with them to leave (we were up early that morning though to be on one of the first tenders). We were dropped back at our starting point around noon, so still had lots of time after the tour, you can also ask to be dropped off along 7 mile beach if you want some beach time. As to the snorkelling area, it's not far from stingray city, but it's in the middle of the water, so there is no beach around. For those who don't want to snorkel, they pretty much have to stay in the boat (but we were only at the snorkel site maybe 30 minutes). Overall it was a great day, loved the stingrays and the fact that the guides made sure we got to hold and feed them (if we wanted) and I'd definitely recommend them!

Archived