Feel like a newbie again...

Dennislee2

Hello everyone,

It's been about 2 years since I was last here. Great to be back as I start the process to plan another cruise.

My wife and I cruised about 7 years ago on the Victory (eastern caribbean) and loved it! :D

We cruised 1.5 years ago on the Miracle (western caribbean) and loved it even more. :D :D :D

Now we are planning a trip in June of '09 and I'm trying to decide on ship and ports.

My wife and I will be happy going back on the Miracle, but not sure if we should try a different ship or class of ship. :confused: I think the Miracle is part of the Spirit class, but could be very wrong on that one. I've read a bit about the Conquest class and thought about it.

Any ideas?

I really enjoyed St. Thomas a few years ago. Didn't enjoy San Juan for the evening stop, could have skipped that one. Wouldn't mind San Juan during the day.

This will be our first time cruising with kids, ages 12-10-6, plus both sets of parents (grandparents), my sister and her husband, plus whomever else decides to go with us!

Okay, guess I've said enough. Kinda excited now that we're starting the planning again. ;) Actually that's part of my vacation is the planning.

I have been on the Glory twice, and loved that ship.

It does an Eastern and a western.

I loved the eastern...

St thomas, St Maarten and Nassau.

I have also been on the Miracle, going my second time in april...

I have been on the fantasy and twice on the sensation...

Loved them all!!!!

Yes, it is fun planning!@

Denise

Miracle and her sister Legend switched routes....Legend is now out of Tampa(year around western sailings) the Miracle does the summer out of NY and the southern out of FLL starting in Oct.

I'd recommend the spirit class again....if it's not broke.....

the main reason....we just did a southern Miracle with the kids, my SIL and my parents. On the spirit class you can get an interior connecting the first balcony....this is AWESOME with the kids, then put the others in the balconies next to you for a FANTASTIC family set up

we had interior 5106, balconies 5108, 5110 and 5112.......it was a GREAT cruise.

my review if you want full details with pictures of the AWESOME cabin set up http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12213024&posted=1#post12213024

what ever you choose.....have a great time and bon voyage!!!

Hello everyone,

It's been about 2 years since I was last here. Great to be back as I start the process to plan another cruise.

My wife and I cruised about 7 years ago on the Victory (eastern caribbean) and loved it! :D

We cruised 1.5 years ago on the Miracle (western caribbean) and loved it even more. :D :D :D

Now we are planning a trip in June of '09 and I'm trying to decide on ship and ports.

My wife and I will be happy going back on the Miracle, but not sure if we should try a different ship or class of ship. :confused: I think the Miracle is part of the Spirit class, but could be very wrong on that one. I've read a bit about the Conquest class and thought about it.

Any ideas?

I really enjoyed St. Thomas a few years ago. Didn't enjoy San Juan for the evening stop, could have skipped that one. Wouldn't mind San Juan during the day.

This will be our first time cruising with kids, ages 12-10-6, plus both sets of parents (grandparents), my sister and her husband, plus whomever else decides to go with us!

Okay, guess I've said enough. Kinda excited now that we're starting the planning again. ;) Actually that's part of my vacation is the planning.

You should go on the Liberty like I did a few weeks ago. It was my first cruise ever, and I can't say enough good things about it. Liberty is a Conquest-class and the 2nd newest ship to Carnival. It will be leaving for 7 day Eastern Caribbean out of Miami with stops at the following ports of call: Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan (day time), and Grand Turk.

I just realized you meant June of next year. :o That's too bad you are not planning for this year. The itinerary I mentioned above is for dates between 5/31/08 and 10/31/08. The ports of call are all places that I wanted to go to... I guess I may have to book this cruise myself. :D

I wish it was this June, but not complaining, since the family will be taking a vacation to Florida this year.

Where is there a list of the Spirit class ships? I remember a website once that listed every Carnival ship, class and year.

I wish it was this June, but not complaining, since the family will be taking a vacation to Florida this year.

Where is there a list of the Spirit class ships? I remember a website once that listed every Carnival ship, class and year.

Splendor ClassConquest.gif

Length: 952 Feet

Guests: 2948

Tons: 113,000

Carnival Splendor - 2008 (SL)

Conquest ClassConquest.gif

Length: 952 Feet

Guests: 2974

Tons: 110,000 to 113,000

Carnival Freedom - 2006 (FD)

Carnival Conquest - 2002 (CQ)

Carnival Glory - 2003 (GL)

Carnival Liberty - 2005 (LI)

Carnival Valor - 2004 (VA)

Spirit ClassSpirit.gif

Length: 963 Feet

Guests: 2124

Tons: 88,500

Carnival Pride - 2001 (PR)

Carnival Spirit - 2000 (SP)

Carnival Legend - 2002 (LE)

Carnival Miracle - 2004 (MI)

Destiny & Triumph ClassDestiny.gif

Length: 893 Feet

Guests: 2758

Tons: 101,509

Carnival Triumph - 1999 (TI) (Triumph class)

Carnival Victory - 2000 (VI) (Triumph class)

Carnival Destiny - 1996 (DE) (Destiny class)

Fantasy ClassFantasy.gif

Length: 855 Feet

Guests: 2052

Tons: 70,367

Imagination - 1995 (IM)

Ecstasy - 1991 (EC)

Elation - 1998 (EL)

Inspiration - 1996 (IS)

Sensation - 1993 (SE)

Fascination - 1994 (FS)

Fantasy - 1990 (FA)

Paradise - 1998 (PA)

Holiday Class

Length: 740 Feet

Guests: 1486

Tons: 47,262

Celebration - 1987 (CE)

Holiday - 1985 (HO)

spacer.gif

Thank you Chitown Cruiser....:) Thank you...

That's exactly what I was looking for.:D

We want to cruise in either June or July of '09, Eastern Carribbean for 7 days. With that criteria, we have it narrowed down to three ships/cruises.

The Carnival Pride, ports of Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan (day) and Grand Turk.

Or Carnival Glory or Valor, ports of Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarteen.

Now at least I can focus on those three.

Any suggestions or thoughts I should consider on these ports or ships?

Archived