RCI Visa Card

We are going on a cruise at the end of July of this year. If I would apply and get a RCI Visa card and I use that to make my final payment at the end of May, will I be able to use the points I earn for OBC on my July cruise? Would appreciate any info! Thanks!~

I did it for our upcoming cruise in May and it worked great. My husband and I each got a card about a week after approval. Once we had the cards we paid off the cruise with one and made a small purchase with the other. It netted us $400 in on board credits.

When you get your statement it will show the accumulated royal points on it. You then can call FIA Card Services (800-421-2110 I think) and request the coupon. It will expire 6 months after issue. Once you get the coupon you then mail it to Royal Caribbean after you fill it out.

I requested ours on Feb 25 and recieved them on March 8th. I mailed them to Royal Caribbean on the 11th and they said to give them 7 to 10 days and then we can call to see if it has been credited.

Note the paperwork and web sites state you should allow 8 weeks to get the coupon and 8 weeks to get the credit but the people I talked to said it goes much faster.

To be safe I would pay off your cruise in late April or early May if you can and give yourself a little more lead time since you have to wait for the statement showing the points before you can redeem them.

Good Luck!

Archived