Nintendo DS charger -- would ship or port shopping have one?

Complex Carb

Hi from San Juan -- we are boarding the Crown Princess tomorrow, and my 8yo DS -- who has been a trooper since our 4 a.m. departure from home -- left his charger for his Nintendo DS at home. We weren't planning on having him use it on the ship, of course, but we'd like to have it ready to go for our long journey home next week (esp. since we experienced some long delays today). He's a good kid and doesn't ask for much, so we are trying to accommodate him. None of the airport shops had anything, and the staff here at the hotel let us go through their big o' box of forgotten chargers, but no dice.

Malls in San Juan all seem to be around a $20 cab ride each way from the hotel; I love my kid, but we're not about to blow $40 in cab fare on this endeavor! So I'm wondering if there is anyplace in the shopping areas of Old San Juan or St. Thomas that might carry electronics of this sort that we could try.

I hesitated to ask this at all but figured if anyone has run into this situation, they'd be here at CruiseCritic. Thanks in advance.

Have not been to San Juan yet, but we spend a lot of time in electronics stores in St. Thomas. I would wager a small bet that you will be able to find something there.

So unfortunately your little trooper will have a couple of evenings listening to the adults talk and being bored to tears? I seem to recall that is how most of our vacations went when I was a kid. He'll survive for a couple of days ... we all did!

There is a Radio Shack in old San Juan. So try them.

I can't think of the name of the street. I can tell you it's the street with Pizza Hut, Blue Diamond Jewelry, and Walgreens on it. The street starts not too far up the hill from Senior(sp) Frogs. Easy to walk from the ship.

Another thing to do is, if the price is too high ask them if there is another electronic store close by. On a trip to Miami a few years ago, I left one of the cords for my laptop at home. My first thought was Radio Shack. but they wanted $100 for that little cord that pluged into the wall and ran to the little box. No way! I asked for another store. The pointed down the road to electronic store. I went in showed them what I needed. In a few moments I had a cord for $12. So I know your son's pain!

P.S. I'm boarding the Summit tomorrow and I'm also in San Juan. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived