Do you trust pharmacies in Cozumel?

TonyinFla

My son was just given a prescription for Benzaclin (it's for acne).

It is a cream.

Does anyone know if I can get this in Cozumel?

We had it filled but I have two refills.

Our cost is $30.00 per perscription.

I know its been awhile but where you able to get Benzaclin in Cozumel? I am going in 2 weeks and my current script is running low and my insurance wants 50 bucks out of me for it this time.

Will you be asked for a script? How does this work?

In college, I went to a border town (Progresso? Matamoras? I don't remember!) on fall break. My friend got an entire bottle of Valium and we brought it home for my aunt. Had we been stopped on the way home, I'm pretty sure we would have been arrested.

Is this true? Not true? I suffer from anxiety (and am prescribed meds by my doctor). I would love to bring some home with me, but I do not want to do anything illegal as I am a responsible parent.

Just curious!

Holly

If questioned by the DEA when you return (very unlikely) they will ask a) do you have a valid RX from a doctor for the medicine and b) can you buy in cheaper overseas than in the US. As far as the quality, the meds in Mexico are of the same formulary as in the US..only the packaging is different. If you return to the States with narcotics and don't have a valid RX you'll be arrested..same as if you were "caught" in the US.

And to the people who order medications by mail..be very careful. I know of a couple of people that had their meds confiscated by the DEA before it got to them. They got a letter from the DEA advising them if they could prove either a) or b) then they would gladly send them the medications. One RX was for Ultram (non-narcotic pain medication/Tramadol) and the other was for diet pills.

We have bought antibiotics in Mexico and Belize for over 5 years. Never had a problem.

Just curious (not passing judgment at all), when you went through customs upon returning, how did you answer the question about having purchased any medications? Do you say "NO" and just move along, or what happens if you say "YES"?

Again, not passing any judgment, just curious to know what happens if you answer "YES" to the customs agent. Those customs people kind of scare me! :eek:

I'm all about saving money on prescriptions IF they are from a trust-worthy company. I've just seen so many stories about drugs manufactured in other countries having problems.

My wife had a allergic reaction to something when we were in cozumel, and we reluctantly bought Benadryl equivalent at the pharmacy right as you enter the boat and it actually worked properly and probably saved the cruise for us !! so yes i trust em!

My wife had a allergic reaction to something when we were in cozumel, and we reluctantly bought Benadryl equivalent at the pharmacy right as you enter the boat and it actually worked properly and probably saved the cruise for us !! so yes i trust em!

Benadryl is just an OTC med. I'm more concerned about prescription drugs being safe.

Archived