Cruise 3 weeks away - Carnival changed my booked excursion (more $)

Tom-n-Cheryl

I just received an e-mail from Carnival notifying me of a change to our Goff's Caye excursion in Belize (Glory).

Here it is:

---------------

Dear Thomas xxxxx,

Your pre-sales order, xxxxxxxxx, has been revised due to timing issues, per Operator, Goff's now requires a 9:45am departure time.

Please visit http://www.carnival.com/MyReservation.aspx to review the details of the revision. Please note, this is only a notification, nothing further is required from your end.

However, if the revisions made are not to your preference, simply click "View/Edit My Shore Excursion Orders" at the bottom of the itinerary box on your My Reservation page to make further adjustments to your order.

In addition, please know, in the event the replacement excursion is of lesser value than your original purchased excursion, the difference will be refunded automatically to the original credit card used for the order.

We hope that the revised excursions are to your satisfaction and we apologize for any inconvenience this change may have caused.

Thank you and enjoy your Wonderful Shore Excursions!

---------------------------

Well - I booked this excursion in January and opted for the noon departure (not the morning one). As you can see, they shifted me to the 9:45 one. The other option is 12:15. Perhaps I had booked it when it was 12:00 or something, but I CERTAINLY did not opt for the MORNING one.

My beef here is: When I booked that excursion the total was $115 for Cheryl and myself. I went in and canceled the (now) 9:45 one. When I then ordered the new one, the total for two is now $128. By the way, that is the amount for either the morning of afternoon excursion.

I know that we are only talking about $13... but come on! They shift me to an earlier one so that I have to rebook and pay more. Another way to extract a little extra to cover their fuel costs????

It figures that this e-mail was not sent until a Saturday... can't exactly call and have them make it "right" until Monday. We will see if they try to give me the run-around...:rolleyes:

Anything like this happen to others (bait and switch where they then raise the price)?

Tom

If they charged your credit card for the 13 dollars i would call your credit card company and dispute the charge as it was a un-authorized charge.

I'm on the same excursion with Tom & Cheryl and this happened to me as well(waves hi :p ) Because we didn't like the time they shifted us to, we had to cancel the initial booking so I assume they will credit us the full price of it and then we had to book from scratch so I imagine they will charge the full price with the new booking. So it's not like there will be a $13 charge show up to dispute. I suspect that might have happened had we left the time as it was, or maybe we wouldn't have been charged the extra, I don't know.

My circumstance is a bit different as I had to rebook with a different credit card so, again, it will be the full cost of the "new" excursion that will be charged. we just wondered if they are doing this to any other excursions so as to force people to pay the jacked up price.

...we just wondered if they are doing this to any other excursions so as to force people to pay the jacked up price.

It would be interesting to find out if people who initially booked the early excursion were shifted to the late one... perhaps forcing them to shell out a few more $ to go back to their original time (or within a few minutes of it).

Tom

It would be interesting to find out if people who initially booked the early excursion were shifted to the late one... perhaps forcing them to shell out a few more $ to go back to their original time (or within a few minutes of it).

Tom

When I booked it initially, there was only one option but I can't remember the time.

P.S. Aren't you supposed to be at Rusty's?

I'm a little confused:confused: it would not let you edit so you had to cancel and then rebook? Or was the new price the only option? If that's the case, I think you should contact your CVS or PVP and ask about it. The system should show some sort of record - maybe they will adjust the price for you. Good luck! I would be a bit annoyed as well.

When I booked it initially, there was only one option but I can't remember the time.

P.S. Aren't you supposed to be at Rusty's?

Rusty's? Yep... heading there to watch the Glory sail away soon. The Glory does not leave until 4 PM at the earliest. So we don't want to get there too soon. It's a nice (mostly sunny) day with highs in the mid 80's and breezy... should be NICE!!!

Tom

I'm a little confused:confused: it would not let you edit so you had to cancel and then rebook? Or was the new price the only option? If that's the case, I think you should contact your CVS or PVP and ask about it. The system should show some sort of record - maybe they will adjust the price for you. Good luck! I would be a bit annoyed as well.

Nope, couldn't edit, only option was to cancel and rebook. Guess I'll have to talk to Tom since I took the booking over from him :p

I only saw instructions regarding the cancelation of the booking, there was nothing on the webpage I went to about modifying it...

I printed a copy of the booked excursion (showing $115) before I canceled it... that might help.

Tom

Rusty's? Yep... heading there to watch the Glory sail away soon. The Glory does not leave until 4 PM at the earliest. So we don't want to get there too soon. It's a nice (mostly sunny) day with highs in the mid/upper 80's and breezy... should be NICE!!!

Tom

Stop Your torturing me, below freezin, cloudy and windy here today. I don't know how much more I can take.

OK.... what is Golfs Caye and what do you do there? Perhaps you can book it on your own and I bet that would be much cheaper :)

Just an idea as we personally have never booked directly with Carnival and have saved tons of $$$$$$$s especially when cruising with at least 8 people...

OK.... what is Golfs Caye and what do you do there? Perhaps you can book it on your own and I bet that would be much cheaper :)

Just an idea as we personally have never booked directly with Carnival and have saved tons of $$$$$$$s especially when cruising with at least 8 people...

Goff's Caye is a small football sized island sitting right atop the barrier reef. When you go there you can walk out and snorkel from the shore (as we do) or go from the boat right next to the island.

I suppose you could book privately and save a few $... but the BIG advantage of booking with Carnival is that you don't have to take that long ride to the pier. You leave from the ship in the excursion boat - taking you directly to the island and back. Much more efficient use of time.

141424081_i7xne-L.jpg

141428472_wqNHJ-L.jpg

141428486_azpSs-L.jpg

141428477_Rp3Sw-L.jpg

141428465_EMNtc-L.jpg

My BEST underwater photos from there (another trip) were all trashed when I inserted the memory card into my computer to transfer the images... a GLITCH made it UNREADABLE... so I feel compelled to go back until I can get some like those again.. LOL

Tom

Stop Your torturing me, below freezin, cloudy and windy here today. I don't know how much more I can take.

Well, we went to Rusty's. It was a very nice afternoon - though all the shady spots were gone and the sun was BEAMING. We ate 7 dozen VERY large oysters, some wings, and refreshments. After an hour, the Glory was still tied up... we left at 4:35 without any sail-away photos...:(

Tom

Well, we went to Rusty's. It was a very nice afternoon - though all the shady spots were gone and the sun was BEAMING. We ate 7 dozen VERY large oysters, some wings, and refreshments. After an hour, the Glory was still tied up... we left at 4:35 without any sail-away photos...:(

Tom

Well geez, 7 doz oysters between the two of you? Were they Malpeque Oysters, that's the bay about 2 miles from my place where the most famous of the PEI Oysters come from, so if they were, in some small way, I was there!! My excitement this aft was having my mom drive me to Blockbuster to rent 3 movies so I wouldn't go out of my mind with the boredom!! I'll be so glad when these hands heal.

Mona... 2 dozen raw for Tom & one corona, 2 dozen steamed for me & 3 coronas, and 3 dozen steamed along with wings for Kurt (15 year old)and ice water. And he'll be hungry again in a cpl of hours:rolleyes: lol. It was so hot that you had to get another beer before it's empty, they got hot fast, needed to get an ice bucket, maybe on the 4th we'll do that:D I also saw some really cute Rusty's T shirts that I think we should get on the 4th... don't you agree?

Cheryl

I also saw some really cute Rusty's T shirts that I think we should get on the 4th... don't you agree?

Cheryl

Cheryl.... I thought they were kind of cute too --- great minds think alike. Or perhaps this is another situation where you show me some catalog with some woman (OK, mostly "girls") in an outfit and you ask me "doesn't that look pretty?", and I say "yes, very" - then you give me that look. :rolleyes:

LMAO

Tom

Mona... 2 dozen raw for Tom & one corona, 2 dozen steamed for me & 3 coronas, and 3 dozen steamed along with wings for Kurt (15 year old)and ice water. And he'll be hungry again in a cpl of hours:rolleyes: lol. It was so hot that you had to get another beer before it's empty, they got hot fast, needed to get an ice bucket, maybe on the 4th we'll do that:D I also saw some really cute Rusty's T shirts that I think we should get on the 4th... don't you agree?

Cheryl

Well I can't wait, have to see these t-shirts before I commit to getting one though :p

Hmmmm, I'm thinking we may be the only people on this board who actually booked an excursion through the Cruise line LOL.

Please let us know how this works out. Hope they dont give you the run around.

Well all worked out.

I saw a credit (on my credit card) for $13 come through the bank.

The interesting thing is... I never had the time to call them. So either there is some "automatic" (even if involving manual entry) process whereby this is taken care of, or.. someone from Carnival regularly reads these boards! :eek:

Either way - all is well, and my confidence has been bolstered! :)

Tom

Well all worked out.

The interesting thing is... I never had the time to call them. So either there is some "automatic" (even if involving manual entry) process whereby this is taken care of, or.. someone from Carnival regularly reads these boards! :eek:

Tom

No such luck for me, I guess because I had to use a different credit card for the second booking. I wouldn't even know who to call. Have to confirm with B what we were charged for the first itinerary.

My BEST underwater photos from there (another trip) were all trashed when I inserted the memory card into my computer to transfer the images... a GLITCH made it UNREADABLE... so I feel compelled to go back until I can get some like those again.. LOL

Tom

Wow, these pictures are gorgeous! What kind of camera did you use?

Well all worked out.

Tom

Shouldn't the credit be for $26?

Or you got 2 $13 credits back?

Steve

Archived