Jeans in Dining Room-Gem

JetsMets

We are cruising on the GEM on 3/22. I read somewhere that there are now certain dining rooms where jeans are permitted for dinner. Any truth to this? Does this mean the Blue Lagoon/buffet or can you wear jeans at some of the main dining rooms?

We cruised on the Dawn last year and we did not pack correctly. My wife expected to wear jeans (nice designer ones that are perfectly acceptable at nice, expensive restaurants at home) a few nights at dinner. We were turned away and even after complaining had to eat a chicken wings at the Blue Lagoon for dinner. We spent the next day (a beautiful day in Nassau) shopping for appropriate clothes so not only was our night ruined but the next day was ruined as well.

on ships with 2 main dining areas, jean are allowed in one of them. there will be a sign. BUT i have seen them in both dining rooms. just depends on the hostess. just know that if there are 2 main dining rooms, you will be allowed in, at least, one of them.

We are cruising on the GEM on 3/22. I read somewhere that there are now certain dining rooms where jeans are permitted for dinner. Any truth to this? Does this mean the Blue Lagoon/buffet or can you wear jeans at some of the main dining rooms?

We cruised on the Dawn last year and we did not pack correctly. My wife expected to wear jeans (nice designer ones that are perfectly acceptable at nice, expensive restaurants at home) a few nights at dinner. We were turned away and even after complaining had to eat a chicken wings at the Blue Lagoon for dinner. We spent the next day (a beautiful day in Nassau) shopping for appropriate clothes so not only was our night ruined but the next day was ruined as well.

Here's how it goes:

There are two main dining rooms" Grand Pacific and Magenta. Jeans are only allowed in the Magenta. However, they are also permitted the first and last days in the Grand Pacific because people are unpacking and packing.

Here's how it goes:

There are two main dining rooms" Grand Pacific and Magenta. Jeans are only allowed in the Magenta. However, they are also permitted the first and last days in the Grand Pacific because people are unpacking and packing.

Yes! Yes!

and don't forget that jeans are now also permitted in all the specialty restaurants and have always been allowed in Blue Lagoon and buffet.

So basically, only one restaurant on NCL ships is off limits to those wishing to wear jeans.

Jeans are now permitted in ALL dining rooms with the exception of ONE main dining room. That Dining room will post their sign on the first day forward and it will also be in your "daily".

Relax and enjoy your cruise:)

Archived