How stupid can people be?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Let's see.....it was Halloween celebration and that was 6 days into a Saints and Sinners cruise....Book one with us and see if the sleep deprivation....tours.....and dranking makes you look any better.....LOL.....I could have taken a nap right then....But nooooooo......I went back up on deck, more dranks then to the cabin for a shower. Then dressed properly for formal night and I was off for 2 predinner Vodka Gibsons...Wine with dinner then the sprots bar for beers. Then off to the disco til late. Then up in the AM for Blooody Marys and mimmies. Then off the ship and over to Senor Frogs in Nassau......

Try and keep up....I double (Bad Doggie) dare ya.......:D :p

Okay then, how about Thursday? :D :eek:

While Iam not a chair hog, there are times when my towel is left on my chair to save it while we are in the pool or hot tub. Would be really pi$$ed if someone decided to teach me a lesson by taking my towel!

These folks are not referring to people who are actually using a chair and get up to get something to eat, swim, go to the restroom, etc. They are referring to people who put an item that is of no value to them on a chair and leave it all day just in case they want to use that chair at some point during the day. And, yes, people really do this.

Is this really a problem on Carnival cruises? We have always cruised Princess and our first Carnival cruise is this April. On Princess cruises, we go up to the top deck, tons of decks chairs waiting for us. and we takes whichever ones we want. Granted, we never tried to get a chair by the pool, frankly, we gets annoyed with the crowd. Is it a real problem on Carnival?

It's a problem on Princess as well. Next time you cruise, take a walk around the pool on a sea day and notice all the chairs that are being reserved with a towel. Sit down and watch the chairs... usually nobody ever comes back.

It would help if the cruise lines would have some "cubbies" available to tuck items while swimming. Then I wouldn't need to place my things on a chair at all

Cruise lines could send an attendant around and move items to a cubbie to be claimed when they get back. If folks knew their belongings would sit on a chair only 30 minutes, they'd either hustle to return or not leave stuff in the first place. Problem solved.

But I do think Celebrity does a great job!

It would help if the cruise lines would have some "cubbies" available to tuck items while swimming. Then I wouldn't need to place my things on a chair at all

Cruise lines could send an attendant around and move items to a cubbie to be claimed when they get back. If folks knew their belongings would sit on a chair only 30 minutes, they'd either hustle to return or not leave stuff in the first place. Problem solved.

But I do think Celebrity does a great job!

Great idea! You should send this idea to Carnival.

I'm an early morning person, so I go up and save a chair, but I actually sit in it and read. I also people watch. I like to be right above the pool area so I can hear the music and watch the pool games they play. Actually, I'd like to be right down by the pool, however, I always leave those open because of the parents with young kids. I remember when my child was young, you had to be with or near them when they swam. So parents could sit in those chairs and watch their kids. I know - some people will say parents shouldn't get preferential treatment and I agree - but it's just a courtesy on my part. Also, the problem, as posted before, is the people who save 4, 8, 10 chairs and then never ever come back and use them. It's a just in case scenario.

[quote name='LADYBUG34113']We aren't talking about being in the pool. Someone had a picture of a chair with an orange on it for 6 hours. That is the difference.[/quote]

Yes I'm not exagerrating when I say more chairs were empty and being hogged with a personal item than were being used with an actual body on them. Yet there were only about 7 people in the pool! I never let chair hogs be a problem for me because I just remove their stuff, but I just wonder about the ignorance that goes through someone's mind.

[quote name='jessemon']So I leave a towel on a chaise for two hours and you move it and take my seat I'm really not using anways...Costs me nothing. I just walk by a chaise with no one in it and take their towel back to my cabin to turn in......Now who's stupid......I still win. It is a no loose situation.....:eek: :eek:
I just don't get the point......I get up at the crack of dawn and people who get there at noon think they deserve my seat.......:confused:
I'm off to lunch and people keep hawking my seat I've been in since 7:00 AM. People should not to get sooooo drunk the night before so they might get up at a decent hour.....:D
Geeeeeze.....people will whine over anything........;)[/quote]

First of all, it's not "your" seat, it's Carnival's.

I am not a person who stays up late drinking all night, but I also don't like to be up at the crack of dawn on my vacation. For this reason you think you "deserve" a chair?

I would never leave my personal belongings out of my sight, because I know people that WILL chuck them overboard.

If you get up to use the washroom, you surrender your seat. If you have someone with you to keep an eye on it for a few minutes, that's understandable. But if you are going to be gone for an hour eating lunch, take your crap with you and find a new chair later. Otherwise bring a lawn chair from home and it will be "yours" the whole cruise!

Nothing worse than someone trying to justify being a chair hog!!

[quote name='MISSSNOOPYGIRL']First of all, it's not "your" seat, it's Carnival's.

I am not a person who stays up late drinking all night, but I also don't like to be up at the crack of dawn on my vacation. For this reason you think you "deserve" a chair?

I would never leave my personal belongings out of my sight, because I know people that WILL chuck them overboard.

If you get up to use the washroom, you surrender your seat. If you have someone with you to keep an eye on it for a few minutes, that's understandable. But if you are going to be gone for an hour eating lunch, take your crap with you and find a new chair later. Otherwise bring a lawn chair from home and it will be "yours" the whole cruise!

Nothing worse than someone trying to justify being a chair hog!![/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=lime]AMEN! Well Said! :D [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Host Mach'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]This announcement should be in ALL Capers and announced by EVERY cruise director, per John Heald:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][U]Reserving of Deck Chairs[/U][/B]
As a courtesy to other guests, reserving of deck chairs is not permitted. Chairs left vacant for 30 minutes or longer will be reassigned by the Pool Attendant to waiting guests.

[URL]http://johnhealdsblog.com/2008/02/13/cpoy-that/[/URL]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]If you see deck chairs that are otherwise abandoned point it out to the nearest staff member...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

On our Princess cruises the attendants DO remove towels after a short period of time. I loved it! The only problem was if you went down to get something from the buffet to bring back to your chair -- it wasn't yours anymore!

[quote name='MISSSNOOPYGIRL'][B]If you get up to use the washroom, you surrender your seat[/B]. If you have someone with you to keep an eye on it for a few minutes, that's understandable. But if you are going to be gone for an hour eating lunch, take your crap with you and find a new chair later. Otherwise bring a lawn chair from home and it will be "yours" the whole cruise![/quote]

I'd say that first part is a little extreme! I believe people should be able to use the lido deck area (get in the pool, the hot tub, visit the rest room right there, perhaps take part in a game or an activity) while retaining their seat.

However, if they choose to LEAVE the Lido deck for more than a few minutes (and certainly if they leave for more than 30 minutes...) then they should give up their seats. Leaving for lunch is not any more okay than leaving for a massage or a nap or anything else would be. When you leave the Lido, give up your seat. If everybody actually did this, then there would probably be a seat available if you choose to return later...

I can see why some of you people are tired of the chair hogs, but to throw things overboard to get back at those kinds of people is not doing anyone a world of good. It is also in the rules that NOTHING BE THROWN OVERBOARD! PERIOD!!! Talk about rude and stupid.

Archived