How does custom air work?

MNMickey

I have cruised a number of times, but always used cruiseline air. I am considering flying in a day early and am not certain how custom air actually works. What do I actually select, the specific flights, the specific airlines, what? Also, I am a Captain's Club member and realize this custom air cost is waived. If I am traveling with my children, will their custom air cost be waived also?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I'd like to help, but I don't know what country you're from, Customs vary from country to country, Custom Air in one country, may be different in another, I'm accustomed to the toxic air of the northeast US, some people may not like this, but I enjoy breathing acid!

Hope this helps!

My brother's Trans Am had custom air.

I don't see how this is cruise related, it's people like you that give us a bad name, and by the way, I used to own a Super Bee, that had custom air, actually, it was RAM air, not to be confused with ROM air!

For Captain's club members, Celebrity's fee for arranging custom air is waived. However, if the cost of the air you request is higher than the usual charge - you will have to pay it. When we fly early for our trans, our TA will ask what air carriers Celebrity is using and choose between them so that we are not charged any additional charge. I am not sure if children are covered - When we first joined Captain's club it was a family membership but I believe that has changed. For our last trans, we were spending a few days post cruise in Ft. Myers and wanted to fly home from there. The extra airfare charges were quite high as it was not an airport that Celebrity dealt with. We were actually better off just being no-shows for our return flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Chicago and booking our own cheap air from Ft. Myers. Going over to Barcelona, we were flying in a few days early and had booked our own hotel. Celebrity had us flying Iberia. I had heard really bad things about Iberia and called our TA with our concerns. She found out that they were also using Air France and was able to book us Chicago to Barcelona via Air France at no extra charge.

Hi Mickey,

please click on the link below which will take you to the Celebrity's Captains Club benefits and will explain more of details connected with the custom air. I am not sure but your children might not be elgible for the 'free' arangements.

Price might be higher on some airlines that you might choose, also the time of the day, day of the week, number of stops and other factors might determine the price.......and you might have to pay the extra charges if they are higher than what the cruise line has chosen.

Look at some of the web sites like Orbitz or Travel ZOO to find out what flights are available and choose what you like, so you can request that from your TA or Celebrity (if you booked directly). Celebrity's air department will notify you about the cost and give you the choice of accepting it or rejecting it.

http://www.celebrity.com/captainsclub/terms_conditions.asp?s=A953846A50custom

Wes

I'd like to help, but I don't know what country you're from, Customs vary from country to country, Custom Air in one country, may be different in another, I'm accustomed to the toxic air of the northeast US, some people may not like this, but I enjoy breathing acid!

Hope this helps!

Why do you even post your useless replies? I do not find this the least funny when someone has a valid question. Take your comedy act elsewhere.

Damn, Newt, this guy misses the point of our helpful posts.

To the uninitiated minority...

1. By posting our "useless replies", we serve the purpose of keeping a question near the top of the thread list where it can be seen by someone who has a genuine response. Otherwise it often languishes and slips to page 2 or 3 where it falls overboard and becomes lost forever.

2. Levity can be infectious.

3. We are getting old and our doctors told us that "actively posting to threads helps keep our minds sharp". (Or was that "stay away from threads because the needles are sharp"). Once I get these bandages off my fingers, I'll go ask my doctor.

We never use Celebrity air, but for the Med cruise last year they had a deal too good to pass up. We wanted the Custom Air so we could get to Europe sooner and stay past. We merely had them book the sames flights on different days. No charge, no decisions. Hope this helps a bit.

Marilyn

Why do you even post your useless replies? I do not find this the least funny when someone has a valid question. Take your comedy act elsewhere.
Roger, may I suggest you put me on your ‘ignore list’ as I will you.

Happy cruises buddy!

CB, there is no cure for some people, let’s just continue to have fun with are cruising fiends!:D

CB, I think you gave a first-class reason for newt's posts.

.... Take your comedy act elsewhere.
Just to be percise, exactly where do you want it taken? To another thread in this forum? To another forum? Perhaps to another cruise related board? To a different Galaxy? (Ah, I did it, Galaxy IS cruise related)

Archived