Cabin Question

Hi - we just were in a 6B on the Imagination, and we did not have a sofa. Nor did our 2 different 5A cabins on the same ship. Our 6B had 2 uppers though, and I lost count of the number of times we whacked our heads on the one above our bed, even though it was stowed the entire time. :mad: Not sure why we never had a couch...I thought most OVs had them. :confused:

Ugh, I've been worried about that "bonking my head" thing on the uppers. Ours has two uppers as well that we will not be using and I was hoping that they were the kind that come out of the ceiling not fold down from the wall because I was concerned about them being in the way.

Ugh, I've been worried about that "bonking my head" thing on the uppers. Ours has two uppers as well that we will not be using and I was hoping that they were the kind that come out of the ceiling not fold down from the wall because I was concerned about them being in the way.

We have had a couple of rooms with uppers, never had a problem with cranial/bunk collisions. You could always just have your room steward put the pillows on the opposite side of the bed and make it up. That way your feet would be below the bunk.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but i have to ask.

Seeing as we have had 3 cabins with uppers, none of have ever gotten hurt because ot them. I mean they are on the wall, and some on the celing. They only stick out about 3 inches.

HOW the heck are you going to bang your head on them?

Sailing on the Imagination. Does a Category 6C with picture window have a couch? And how about a mini fridge?

I'm a member of cruisestaterooms.com & I looked it up. No fridge and no sofa. The twin sized beds appear to be L-shaped.

Just returned from Imagination Western Carribean 5 mnight cruise. There were four in our ocean view stateroom category 6C. The two twins pushed together made an extremely comfortable king size bed. The two uppers were totally of the way during the day. At night-it was a smidgeon congested-but we got by. You usually hit your head once and then you learn from that mistake. No fridge and no couch. We pretipped our steward $20 for a 5 night cruise-he always had our icebucket filled with ice. I had packed a collapsable cooler and never used it one. Make sure you bring an extention cord (not with three prongs), an alarm clock with a night light if possible. I am so jealous.

I'm a member of cruisestaterooms.com & I looked it up. No fridge and no sofa. The twin sized beds appear to be L-shaped.

As others have stated, no fridge or couch in the "Fantasy Class" ships unless in a suite. The bed configuration is (2) twins (L-shaped as noted above if kept seperated) that convert into a King.

:DMy main concern I think was if they would make the room feel more cramped or anything like that. This is my first cruise so I am clueless. Sounds like supposing I exercise cranial caution then it should be fine.

If it is just 2 of you, no. you will not even notice they are there. If there are 4 of you, then of a night yes you would would feel cramped. Especially if your kids are older pre-teen/teen.

It's just the two of us. I am so excited and can't wait! I AM a bit worried too. I have never cruised and never had a desire to. We are going with our neighbors. It was their idea and they are really the reason we are going. We have a lot of fun with them but I am more the type that would rather spend my vacation really seeing places and not just hanging out on a ship, so I am crossing my fingers that I will enjoy my time on the ship as well. DH and I don't drink so I am hoping that is not the only thing that makes time spent on board fun. Also worried that my cabin will smell of smoke. I am quite sensitive to it. I figure though, that there is only one way to know if cruising is for us and that is to give it a whirl. I know we will have fun simply due to the fact that we are on vacation. But whether or not it is my style of vacation remains to be seen.

Crazy Cruising Cat-there is so much to do on the ship-you won't get bored. I never thought I was the cruising type either but now I am addicted. You can go to shows, teas, scrapbooking classes, bingo (if you like that),sauna, the gym, towel animal classes or just laze around on the deck. At the ports-do your research and find out what the different ports have to offer. I did lots of research on this site and tripadvisor.com. I am not a big drinker either. The smoke smell was minimal (and I hate the smell of cigarettes). Bring some magazines and a good book (I had brought mine and didn't open it once). Just watching the ocean was fun and the different people that you meet is half the fun as well. Good luck.

I do thoroughly enjoy meeting new people and actually when I think about it I think that I will probably really love the down time. As a mother of FIVE I don't get too much of that. So actually the relaxation, dinner nights, going to shows, leisure reading and just being pampered sounds really fantastic. We do have some fun excursions planned. Sting rays in Grand Cayman and Dunns River/Tubing in Jamaica.

They didn't add couches in dry dock.

the cabins on Fantasy class ships are too small for a couch. with the beds pushed together to make a King, there is no room for a folded wheelchair without an inconvience.

We have had a couple of rooms with uppers, never had a problem with cranial/bunk collisions. You could always just have your room steward put the pillows on the opposite side of the bed and make it up. That way your feet would be below the bunk.

Hmm, never thought of making up the bed the other way...but mainly we boinked our heads on it when we'd go to sit up and lean against the wall/headboard to eat breakfast in bed. I'm not at my brightest before coffee. :D And in our defense, we had 3 different rooms on this trip, so I kept forgetting. Then again, I kept turning the wrong way when we'd walk out of the room too...it was on the opposite side of the ship as the other two...:rolleyes: And also in my defense, it sticks out WAY more than 3 inches. With the wooden frame and mattress, it was at least a foot. (Just confirmed that with DH too!)

Archived